Lake Palestine Help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Palestine Help???

I have a bass tournament on lake Palestine next weekend. Since I have been fighting the shingles, I haven't had a chance to go prefish the lake. Fom what I can tell very dangerous lake due to the amount of stumps. Looks like Flat & Kickapoo creeks are the place to go, but every review said take caution in those areas. I have read that south of 155 is fairly safe and we will be launching on the south side of the lake.

Any suggestions, advice, or tip for navigating this lake would be greatly appreciated. TIA

You can basically run the E side of the lake from the dam to the villages if you stay about 100yds off the bank. There's a pocket of timber on the S end from midway in Highsaw/Ledbetter to the midlake area all the way down to the horse farm. N of 155 is timber to Chandler! If you wanna fish Flat or Kickapoo there's launches at the bridge in both creeks that I would use if I were you. I'm finally gonna get back on Palestine in another couple weeks! It's been too long!!

Comment

Lookup Tom Mayne Guide Service he just came out with a boat lane card for Lowrance & Hummingbird units. lakepalestinefishingguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by charlie mcmahan View Post
        Lookup Tom Mayne Guide Service he just came out with a boat lane card for Lowrance & Hummingbird units. lakepalestinefishingguide.com
        Thanks, just bought one

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          You can basically run the E side of the lake from the dam to the villages if you stay about 100yds off the bank. There's a pocket of timber on the S end from midway in Highsaw/Ledbetter to the midlake area all the way down to the horse farm. N of 155 is timber to Chandler! If you wanna fish Flat or Kickapoo there's launches at the bridge in both creeks that I would use if I were you. I'm finally gonna get back on Palestine in another couple weeks! It's been too long!!
          Just don't leave anything of value in your truck if you launch here.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            I agree with this for sure, did a lot of fishing on Palestine when I lived in that area. Mostly crappie fishing but I will agree stay closer to the banks and don't try to go booking it across the middle of the lake, lots of stumps that are just under the surface out there.

Comment

You can run the east bank from 155 north by staying off the bank about a 100 yards, but if you have no experience doing so then I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to fish flat and Kickapoo then launch at one of those ramps. Keep in mind when you launch at Kickapoo there is an old road bed running parallel with 315, you can safely run the right side of it but stay close. Really no need to run it as you can idle up and under the 315 bridge. Better not have anything of value in your vehicle up that way. You can also run the power line all the way to west berry just hug the lines on either side and idle around the north side of the island when you get to it. Best advice is if you don't know just take your time because that lake is dangerous.

Comment

Reading about the vehicle theft is SAD but not surprising.. What a shame..

I don't no anything about the lake other than it is beautiful and it looks really "BASSY".
                I've always wanted to fish it..

Good Luck

Comment

A followup to Charlies post- http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/...s#Post12711509

Comment

Working...
                  X