CAT 4th qualifier on Palestine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAT 4th qualifier on Palestine!!!

About time I'm not a bridesmaid on my home lake! I've won other tourneys here but never a CAT tourney. Best turnout in club history! So awesome seeing all the new faces! If anybody wants to join let me know! Palestine fish look as poor as I've ever seen them but we managed to run through several brush piles and trees we liked and came up with a good stringer! Not much gets me as worked up feeling a thump and setting the hook and having the rod load up and slowly come up! Even lost a 1/3 of a pound to a dead fish. 1.65 came over the rails early and never flipped a fin! Summertime is tough on them. On to Tawakoni and Texoma!! Then wrap up with the state championship on Fork!![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, looks like good eating!

Comment

Way to go Slew! I was just telling the wife we needed to book a trip at Palestine with you. We are taking the daughter to Pine Cove camp next weekend.

Comment

Congrats

Y'all should start picking up a few more sponsors at the rate you are going

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Congrats on the CAT win brother! Big fish too!

You gonna make me wanna buy a new boat and start fish-n turneys.

Comment

Attaboy!

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Way to go Slew! I was just telling the wife we needed to book a trip at Palestine with you. We are taking the daughter to Pine Cove camp next weekend.
              Pine cove is awesome and real close to my stomping grounds

Comment

Congratulations on some nice fish

Comment

Nice congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on the CAT win!

Comment

Thanks y'all! Sure wasn't expecting that kind of a day there. Figured 10.5 pounds would win it and wasn't sure we would have that! We weighted in first and then has to wait through everybody else to see where we ended up!

Holler at me Chew! Maybe we can figure something out!

Comment

Way to go Slew, good job.

Comment

Congrats my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                            Congrats my friend!

Thanks!! This is the 4th year I've fished with CAT on Palestine and I've finished second in the other 3 including a state championship. Been in position to win 2 of them and lost good fish at the boat so it felt good to finally put it all together one day. Day started out slow and our first good fish was dead within minutes but I've done it long enough to keep my head down and keep plugging away!

I was putting everything away in the boat after we weighted in and Mark pulled up and started taking his fish to the scale. They looked at the time wrong. Summer hours we fish 630-2pm and have to be in line by 230. They fished till 230 and pulled up at 250. He was pretty bummed. I didn't have the heart to ask him how he did but his dad laughed it off after a while and he did tell me they were nowhere close to us. A day fishing with your dad is never a bad thing!

Slew

Comment

Well, sounded like it was your turn for sure. Congrats again. I'm sure Mark was bummed as he mentioned he was looking forward to fishing with his dad in that tournament and I get the impression that he is pretty competitive. Sounds like he has enough business these days to keep him real busy and there will be plenty more tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                              X