Help with Timer from the GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an All Seasons stand and fill Feeder. The Timer ("The - Timer" it says on it - tried to add a picture) is making a funny sound and motor won't spin. When i hit "test", it seems to work on the screen (counts down), but when it counts down to zero, the actual timer buzzes once or twice. At first, I thought it was the motor, but holding the timer, it definitely vibrates and where the sound emanates. I also noticed it had its own AA batteries in it (original) so thought that might be an issue, but screen shows its fully charged. Anyone else had this experience or know fix? Thanks
    Attached Files

Is your actual feeder battery charged? Sounds like a dead battery

Comment

Buzzing sound usually means the AA battery is weak or dead. Try a fresh one should solve the issue.

Comment

Than you, i will try new AA batteries and check the big one. You guys are awesome on here!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
          Is your actual feeder battery charged? Sounds like a dead battery
          This. Need to check out the 12v battery. Had this happen on one of mine. Swapped battery out and wa-la, it works.

Comment

It is your feeder battery. There is enough to power the screen, but not enough juice to spin the motor. OR...the motor has gone bad (I have only seen this on our units that flooded). Every other time, it has been a dead main battery.

Personally, I put new 12v batteries in all of my feeders at the beginning of every season to prevent a battery dying when I’m not there.
            Last edited by CastAndBlast; 06-11-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Yes how is the feeder battery?....when hooked to the feeder battery, I am pretty sure it overrides the Timer AA. The AA is just there to keep the clock going when unhooked.

The top line that looks like a AA battery is the internal battery gauge. The second dark line under it is the feeder battery gauge. Shows low here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The_Timer_00449942-69b8-4041-b83d-8d4fcce0a878_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	24542609

Comment

The AA battery just holds the settings should power be interrupted. Your problem is most likely the 12 volt battery.

Comment

Will try both and report back. Thanks everyone again

Comment

It could be the motor as well. I had one this weekend that would work sometimes but not all the time. Under test the red light for motor would come on when it wouldn't go off. Spinning the motor shaft sometimes got it to work.
                    It wasn't the battery. I switched them but didn't fix the problem. Switched timer and had the same problem as well.
                    So I changed out the motor and it seems to be fine now. I guess the motor had some places where it wouldn't start.
                    I think I noticed under test the red motor light will not light up when everything is good. I assume if it lights up the motor is bad.

Comment

All I buy is the TIMER and HCR electronics timers

Comment

Change the 12 volt battery and add a solar panel (if you dont have one)

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          Change the 12 volt battery and add a solar panel (if you dont have one)
                          This ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
                            All I buy is the TIMER and HCR electronics timers
                            This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OP, hope this helps your situation

Comment

TRAILDUST!! Just letting him know that I think the Timer is a good digital timer .. there’s just so much that could go wrong with a timer and battery. I figured the other post got all the troubleshooting taken care of for him to try not much more to add .. but there is always a ?

Comment

Working...
                              X