What do do in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do do in Florida?

I posted a thread a while back about things to do in San Antonio with a 1 year old baby. Well that little trip got canceled, and now we are looking into heading east next month. The wife likes the idea of going to Destin or somewhere like that, but she asked me to post it on here before we made our mind up because ya'll had a bunch of good suggestions last time I did this! Any suggestions on stuff to do in or around the Destin area? Doesn't have to be Florida, we just want something that is family friendly with plenty to do with a 1 year old.

Right on man. I’m going to be in Destin with the family from the 11th-16th of July.
    We have an 11 yr old, so he will be content with mostly just spending time on the beach.
    My wife has been looking up other stuff to do for the past 2 weeks though, I’ll ask her about stuff that would be fitting for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She was saying this place https://mobile.gulfarium.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bass fished the golf course where we stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
          I bass fished the golf course where we stayed.
          I don't golf, but I wonder if I can stay on a course just so I can fish the course... I'm for sure gonna look into that!

Comment

We leave Saturday for our yearly trip. My best advice (if driving) is try to get through the tnnel in Mobile as early as possible. We got stuck in traffic when my son was 1 and he screamed bloody murder for about an hour until we got moving again.

Comment

I'd save your money for the next 3 years.....after that baby gets potty trained and find something about 4 hours or less from home.

Signed~Father of 2 boys

Just send mama on a cruise or something with some friends or family. You'll thank me later!

Comment

SanDestin resort in Destin.....

Plenty to do and never leave the area

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  I'd save your money for the next 3 years.....after that baby gets potty trained and find something about 4 hours or less from home.

Signed~Father of 2 boys

Just send mama on a cruise or something with some friends or family. You'll thank me later!
                  I agree with this. Or leave baby at grandma's and you and wife have a vacation. At one yrs old he won't remember anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Have stayed here and this is true, but that is too young to do anything

Comment

We started taking my daughter when she was 1.5 yrs. Not bad at all. We stay at Silver Shells in Destin. Stay right on the beach so you can go back inside whenever you want plus you and you wife can switch off hanging at the beach if the little one doesn't want to. Drive wasn't bad at all as she was still in diapers.

Comment

Not really concerned about bringing the baby. We enjoy having her with us, and she is easy to deal with. The get away is not about taking the baby to do something, its for me and mama bear. We enjoy taking her with us wherever we go.

Comment

This is where we always stay.

Comment

Awesome place.

We are taking our camper again this year but going a little past destin due to our usual being booked solid.

It’s an 11 hr trip for me pulling a camper. Best trick is to load everyone up at 4am. They will sleep till 7:30-8:00, by then I’m 1/3 there

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Awesome place.

We are taking our camper again this year but going a little past destin due to our usual being booked solid.

It’s an 11 hr trip for me pulling a camper. Best trick is to load everyone up at 4am. They will sleep till 7:30-8:00, by then I’m 1/3 there
                              That is my plan. I'm gonna take off Thursday and Friday. I'll get up super early and load up to drive 1/2 way before the baby even gets up.

Comment

Working...
                              X