Thinking of buying a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of buying a boat

Since vacationing in Arkansas we’ve been thinking of getting a boat. I’ve only had Jon boats before so nothing substantial. I’d like to get a boat that I could use at Livingston the river and in the bays around Galveston. I’d like to have space for 4 adults to be comfortable or me and the wife with 3 or 4 kids to do some tubing or knee boarding. I’ve been told everything from a deck boat, fish and ski, and a center console. What kind of advise can you guys offer me on this? I can afford around 30,000 if that matters

For that price, I would look for a nice used Pathfinder. That should be able to do everything you're wanting.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
        For that price, I would look for a nice used Pathfinder. That should be able to do everything you're wanting.
        That's a well made boat and I would make sure it has a Yamaha on it

Comment

Spend $5K on a boat and save the remaining $25K for repairs and upkeep

Comment

I'm a big fan of the deck boat. It can do everything you want it to. You will find out that your kids will want to bring friends too, and this will give you the room you will need.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I'm a big fan of the deck boat. It can do everything you want it to. You will find out that your kids will want to bring friends too, and this will give you the room you will need.
              This!

I sold my Hurricane deck boat 2 years ago. Still kicking myself over it. Mine had a 150 Yamaha and it would pull skiers/wakeboarders/tubes like nothing even with 6-8 people and a cooler full of beer (35-40mph).

I'll own another soon.
              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Buy the biggest boat you can afford. Just like tractors, trailers and boob jobs. Nobody ever wishes they had bought smaller! You only go around once.
                Last edited by Traildust; 06-11-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                  Since vacationing in Arkansas we’ve been thinking of getting a boat. I’ve only had Jon boats before so nothing substantial. I’d like to get a boat that I could use at Livingston the river and in the bays around Galveston. I’d like to have space for 4 adults to be comfortable or me and the wife with 3 or 4 kids to do some tubing or knee boarding. I’ve been told everything from a deck boat, fish and ski, and a center console. What kind of advise can you guys offer me on this? I can afford around 30,000 if that matters
                  How far do you live from saltwater?

I might go with pontoon if fresh is your main focus but for a lot of us after fishing saltwater freshwater seems boring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I live 20-30 minutes from the bay so we will go there quite often but we also hit the lake north of Houston too.

Comment

I would recommend an aluminum center console 20ft+. That's what I'm getting next. It'll do creeks and rivers, as well as the coast and deep water.

Every boat I've had I want something bigger and gets even shallower.

Comment

Love my Tritoon!! 24' with a 150hp. runs about 40mph.

not gonna lie...wish I had bought the 26 footer with the 300HP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                          I would recommend an aluminum center console 20ft+. That's what I'm getting next. It'll do creeks and rivers, as well as the coast and deep water.

Every boat I've had I want something bigger and gets even shallower.

This. Bought an xpress h20 bay a couple months ago and love it. I was out on Livingston yesterday at Pine Island and it was pretty rough going back in. Boat handled it great!
                          Attached Files

Comment

You can get a lot of boat for $30k but save some for all the issues that are bound to happen.

Comment

Whatever you get make sure it has a “top”

Comment

Working...
                              X