Spy Gate... ...Gowdy say not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
    Devin Nunes and Trey Gowdy were in the same briefing last week. Devin Nunes has been a vocal attack dog in defending Trump, attacking Democrats and attempting to discredit the FBI.

Devin Nunes' comments after the briefing....crickets.

This is the single biggest corruption case ever according to you and Sean Hannity. According to the GOP, not so much. The swamp excuse seems like blind Trumpism, to me.
    IG report is supposed to be out this week. The leaks already indicate that there was "spying" (however you wish to define) on the Trump campaign. We shall see what the report says. On top of that they already admitted they infiltrated the campaign; but for Trumps own "good".

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      IG report is supposed to be out this week. The leaks already indicate that there was "spying" (however you wish to define) on the Trump campaign. We shall see what the report says. On top of that they already admitted they infiltrated the campaign; but for Trumps own "good".
      Seems like they should have done the same with the DNC since they were hacked by the Russians,and they FBI knew it.

DJ

Comment

This is some really flawed logic, in my opinion. I'm not a subject matter expect on hacking, but I think Levin may know even less about it than me. Levin suggests that the Russians were able to hack the DNC because they had someone on the inside. You don't have to be a subject matter expert on hacking to know that an organization can be hacked by entirely external forces. Levin's analysis on this doesn't seem very reasonable.

Levin slammed Gowdy’s assessment, arguing that counter intelligence agencies would have assigned informants to the Clinton campaign and DNC after they claimed the Russians hacked their server.

“Now where is the easiest place to try and find the Russians? Is it in Trump world? No. It’s at the DNC. Didn’t the Russians hack the DNC emails? Didn’t we hear this over and over again?” he said. “Did they have an informant, aka a spy, at the DNC to chase down the Russians who were hacking the DNC’s emails? No. If they are trying to protect us and the candidates and the election from the Russians, as we pointed out last week, why weren’t there informants in Jill Stein’s campaign, or Hillary Clinton’s campaign, or Bernie Sanders’ campaign?”

Comment

Gowdy's a pretty straight shooter, so it doesn't surprise me.

Republicans distance themselves from Trump’s ‘Spygate’ conspiracy theory

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...530-story.html

"...But in the case of the FBI informant, few Republican leaders are defending his assertion that his political opponents “spied” on his campaign. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who participated in the Justice Department briefings, haven’t backed up Trump’s claims of wrongdoing.

The caution from Republican leaders stands in stark contrast to Trump’s claims at a rally in Nashville on Tuesday night.

“How do you like the fact they had people infiltrating our campaign?" he bellowed as the crowd booed. "Can you imagine? Can you imagine?”

Nunes has not spoken publicly about the FBI informant since the May 24 briefings. The apparent collapse of the “Spygate” theory, at least in Congress, is the third allegation from Nunes related to the Russia inquiry to sputter out under scrutiny...."
          Didn't see any Republicans mentioned in this article...

Comment

I hope it comes out this week...

Comment

This is some really flawed logic, in my opinion. I'm not a subject matter expect on hacking, but I think Levin may know even less about it than me. Levin suggests that the Russians were able to hack the DNC because they had someone on the inside. You don't have to be a subject matter expert on hacking to know that an organization can be hacked by entirely external forces. Levin's analysis on this doesn't seem very reasonable.

Levin slammed Gowdy’s assessment, arguing that counter intelligence agencies would have assigned informants to the Clinton campaign and DNC after they claimed the Russians hacked their server.

“Now where is the easiest place to try and find the Russians? Is it in Trump world? No. It’s at the DNC. Didn’t the Russians hack the DNC emails? Didn’t we hear this over and over again?” he said. “Did they have an informant, aka a spy, at the DNC to chase down the Russians who were hacking the DNC’s emails? No. If they are trying to protect us and the candidates and the election from the Russians, as we pointed out last week, why weren’t there informants in Jill Stein’s campaign, or Hillary Clinton’s campaign, or Bernie Sanders’ campaign?”

I see what you're getting at, but I think his point was if the Russians were supposedly targeting the DNC, why wouldn't they focus their efforts there?

Comment

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. - GC

Driving around Houston when it is raining, going to SLP pass at high tide, and some of these comments, make feel a lot better about the half I am in
                Attached Files

Comment

Devin Nunes and Trey Gowdy were in the same briefing last week. Devin Nunes has been a vocal attack dog in defending Trump, attacking Democrats and attempting to discredit the FBI.

Devin Nunes' comments after the briefing....crickets.

This is the single biggest corruption case ever according to you and Sean Hannity. According to the GOP, not so much. The swamp excuse seems like blind Trumpism, to me.

Oh so you are a never trumper! I get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    Oh so you are a never trumper! I get it
                    I've not been persuaded that you get it.

Comment

But failed to let Trump know they might be infiltrated? How would that have helped or been good for Trump? I hope they burns some folks down!

You know this goes right up to Baraks doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        But failed to let Trump know they might be infiltrated? How would that have helped or been good for Trump? I hope they burns some folks down!

You know this goes right up to Baraks doorstep.
                        Shhhh Shhhh Shhh go back to sleep. Nothing to see here. We are here to help you. Just help, that is all. Back to sleep now.

Comment

I've not been persuaded that you get it.

Get what? That our democracy was under attach by a bunch of slime balls on the left in the former administration? That there was a massive cover up and the only reason we know about any of it is because trump won?
                          FYI I don’t care what Hannity or any other person feels about the matter, my knowledge of the history of this country and the history of other countries dictates my view on the level of corruption going on and if you can’t understand how severe it is for sitting president to weaponize the state department and then spy on an opposition presidential candidate then you probably should re-evaluate our history as a representative democracy.

Also it seems that neither gowdy nor Nunez was briefed on anything related to spygate in that briefing that you have referred to so that point is out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well Trey Gowdy was the greatest thing since slice bread for the last 4 or 5 years …………...now a pariah? Nah, I will continue to follow where this leads as Gowdy is definitely a thinker. I doubt he is a turncoat or a boot-licker. Heck, TBH had him walking on water. I am thinking he knows it was far from a SPY and really an informant...…...huge definition difference as noted by Rush. I hope new data is released...…….good or BAD...…….lets get to the bottom sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Well Trey Gowdy was the greatest thing since slice bread for the last 4 or 5 years …………...now a pariah? Nah, I will continue to follow where this leads as Gowdy is definitely a thinker. I doubt he is a turncoat or a boot-licker. Heck, TBH had him walking on water. I am thinking he knows it was far from a SPY and really an informant...…...huge definition difference as noted by Rush. I hope new data is released...…….good or BAD...…….lets get to the bottom sooner than later.
                              What would be the purpose of an informant embedded in Grumps campaign?
                              And, why the Trump campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                What would be the purpose of an informant embedded in Grumps campaign?
                                And, why the Trump campaign?
                                Dunno, hopefully the report tells us that. Usually used due to criminal investigations. That is the zillion dollar question actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X