Text vs Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
    I don't get it. I asked my 20 year old daughter why she thinks it's easier to tap out a whole conversation instead of just calling and she said because I'm young. I guess that makes me old at 56. I just don't understand. Am I wrong?
    Issue #1 is trying to figure out a 20 year old.

I can relate to your frustration, I have an 18 and 24 year old kids.

Comment

My voicemail recording asks for folks to text me for a quickest response. I’m more likely to respond to a quick text in most situations as opposed to listen to a voicemail. Even if the text just says ‘Call Me’, easier to read than listening to a Voicemail

Comment

If this makes sense...

I txt 90% of the time but if I’m trying to have a real conversation I’ll call.

Comment

Text should be for short, quick comments and replies. If your text takes more than 2 text pages to type or requires more than 3 replies, you really should consider calling. More and more people are using voice to text but the messages get very confusing.

Comment

I'm 47 and hate talking on the phone. Texting or face to face is best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I can’t stand to talk on the phone. Emergency or work ok but otherwise text me.
              #MeToo

And i'm gonna be in the middle of something when you call. I might not have time or the patience for your call.

Comment

For personal conversations, if it takes more than 2-3 text messages, I will always call. I much prefer voice communication so I can wrap up a conversation and move on to the next thing.

that said, I try to match the preferred communication style of the people I am conversing with for work.

Comment

Another plus for text is being able to go back if you forget what was discussed. I do that with work stuff a lot so I don’t mess it up after I’ve talked to several different people through the day

Comment

Here is what I can't stand.... Since I feel like crap this morning I'm going to complain.

My wife will send 1,342 text that could be sent into one or two. This way, my phone buzzes 1,342 in a row and I think someone is dead/dying.

Honey - send
                    When you get home - send
                    Please start the oven - send
                    Can't remember if 350-or 375 - send
                    I think its 375 - send
                    Oh, the frozen veggies - send
                    pull those out too - send
                    If you have time - send
                    See if Zander has homework - send
                    ok, love you - send
                    Honey - send
                    Did you get these - send
                    Let me know? - send
                    Last edited by TXHUNT3R; 05-30-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      I am 61, I think texting is a great tool. It allows you to get a message to someone, and they can read and respond when they have time. I hate talking on the phone, but for a longer back and forth conversation it is the best way.

But I have a friend, that is a horrible text communicator, so I know that if I need to talk to him I better call him. You have to use what is a best fit for the situation.
                      Same here. One of my buddies can't spell or won't. It's like trying to read Chinese. I answer the phone if I recognize the person calling or if I'm expecting a call. Almost all out of state numbers get blocked. When I was in business, all calls were answered, but at that time there were no robo calls to cell phones. I never answer the house phone because it's never for me.

Comment

I'm 71 and I prefer to text unless it's going to be a long conversation. I hate talking on the phone.

Comment

I prefer text. for several reasons

. provides a record of the discussion
                          . limits exposure to those that have overserved themselves and want to blab
                          . gives a way to read later if not able to at the time.

I hate voicemails

Comment

i hate texting!! My son will send me a text when i leave a voicemail a minute after i leave a message.

Comment

I love texting. Especially group texts. When me and my lease buddies go to the lease we always begin a group text. I have my phone ringer on a cricket ring so when on stand it won’t upset the game. It is neat to communicate this way........
                              “Hey Don you seeing anything.” “A nice 8 just headed your way.” “Billy you seeing any?” “Yes. Just stuck a doe. Saw her go down. Bring the Mule.” And so forth... once when I had to leave for home early I was still in the text loop. It was like I was still there hunting with them.

Comment

I prefer texting because you never know what the "auto correct" will give you and when you don't have your glasses on it results in a high level of entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                                X