Rockets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHT View Post
    They built this team to beat GS in this series.
    They had the best record in the league to get home court advantage for this series.

They won on the road when they had to.
    They came up short last night.

It happens. But.....

After the 41 point blow out, in the post game presser coach says he's not going to change anything I got the feeling this was going to happen.

When you lose CP3 and have a starter go 0-12 there was no way we were going to beat GS. We had some guys step up but it just wasn't enough when your basically playing against an all star team.

Real creative coaching strategy. Way to stick with it coach when blind people can see its not working. In the second half we were clearly off and they got hot. So rather than slow it down a little to maybe regain our composure and maybe cool them off a little we keep chunking bricks one after an other giving them the ball back quickly to they could stay hot. Worked out great coach.

Sure it went 7 games so there was that drama but what a boring 7 games it was. I hate the new NBA. Like others have stated the rules & ref's have taken the game over. Watching these 3 point shootouts has as much entertainment value as watching people hit balls on the driving range. It has gotten so soft they might as well not even try to play defense and make a rule that a defender can't get within 2 feet of an opponent so the games will go by faster without all the whistles.

I miss the physicality of the inside game. There is none anymore. If you get in the paint for a layup all you have to pretty much do is dodge a few bodies and make the layup or pull up for a short jump shot hardly contested.

I watched a Bulls/Jordan documentary awhile back about their championship runs. One off season Jordan bulked up and put on 20 lbs and had the coaches freaked out that it would throw off his game. It didn't. It wasn't till years later he admitted why he put on the weight.

"We had to go through Detroit to win the championship. They couldn't. The only way my body was going to survive that series was to get much stronger to take the beating."

Remembering this I laughed my rear off watching Hardin & Curry last night crying when they didn't get a call on some soft brush contact outside the 3 point line.

This is spot on. Very hard series and playoffs to watch. The Rockets looked atrocious last night. 27 missed 3's in a row! That's absurd, you have to know when to bail from a plan and try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      Injuries- both CP3 and Iguodala had a huge impact on the series. Hardin had to be the man and didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He had 32 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        He had 32 points?

Well maybe he can put that in his trophy case!

Comment

Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. Sure wish CP wouldnt have gotten hurt. I hope the Cavs(LeBron) crush the Warriors and someone punches Steph(ani) in da face.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Well maybe he can put that in his trophy case!
            Ya, he should have done more.

Comment

Agreed rtp

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. Sure wish CP wouldnt have gotten hurt. I hope the Cavs(LeBron) crush the Warriors and someone punches Steph(ani) in da face.

Ya, he's a smug little bastage!

Comment

I'm not here to stir the pot, but serious question to Rockets fans.

Does it bother you that Harden ran to the locker room while his team mates stayed on the court and congratulated the Warriors? Seemed classless to me.

Comment

We had 7 games to do it and we didn't. Were too soft.

Agreed on the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                      We had 7 games to do it and we didn't. Were too soft.

Agreed on the rest.
                      Agreed.

Comment

This all day!!!

Comment

Cavs vs Warriors 4 years in a row... snooooooze... Ratings will get crushed and somehow "magically" that won't happen again

Thats my prediction anyway!

Comment

Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. Sure wish CP wouldnt have gotten hurt.
                            Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

Does it bother you that Harden ran to the locker room while his team mates stayed on the court and congratulated the Warriors? Seemed classless to me.
                              No, just seems to be you. Get a bigger paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

Everyone will agree its the wrong thing to do in sports. It's never a good idea.
                                I bet he regrets it.

That being said, I can't imagine he was thinking too clearly waiting to face the wrath of "Well James "Can't win the big one" Hardin what happened tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X