No announcement yet.

Terrible with decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are trying to be economical, why a diesel, and why a 250? Why not get a gas 150?

How many years are you financing it and what rate?

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
      This is such a fallacy. They may drive an old truck to keep up appearances in town and have a Range Rover or brand new truck in their 6 car garage at home.
      What you mean is the least broke poor people you know.
      You should read "The Millionaire Next Door", I forget who wrote it, great book

Comment

Better figure in the $100 for insurance on top of the $133.

Comment

Those are just life’s decisions. Sit, look at your budget, what you can cut,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            If you are trying to be economical, why a diesel, and why a 250? Why not get a gas 150?

I would have a hard time hauling cattle and hay around with that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Cattle business means trailers to pull and feed to haul. But usually short distance so a 250 gasser would do ok.

Comment

My insurance went up over a $100 a month with a 17 f250.

Comment

My insurance went up too. They are blaming it on the aluminum body!! But I also bought a 2017 XLT in december and they came off the sticker $12k then so I think they can do better than that $11k. Offer them the price you had budgeted, if they say no then leave your number and walk out. If they call you back at the price you wanted it was meant to be.

And the 17 does ride better than my 13 did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    You should read "The Millionaire Next Door", I forget who wrote it, great book
                    Thomas Stanley. Good book.

Comment

I got a certified pre owned chevy LTZ Z71 last year. 6 year power train warranty + 1 year bumper to bumper warranty. Don't think I'll ever buy a brand new truck ever. Look at certified pre owned if you're worried about reliability.

Comment

Sounds like the salesman got his hooks in you. Don't you have a baby on the way? Every little bit helps, especially when #2 comes along.
                        Last edited by TxAg; 04-07-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Cattle business means trailers to pull and feed to haul. But usually short distance so a 250 gasser would do ok.
                          Thanks.

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Sounds like the salesman got his hooks in you. Don't you have a baby on the way? Every little bit helps, especially when #2 comes along.

Yep, and $133 contributed to a good mutual fund over 30-40 years would provide a good jump on retirement...or over the next 18 years would certainly help pay for the outrageous college tuition costs.

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                            This is such a fallacy. They may drive an old truck to keep up appearances in town and have a Range Rover or brand new truck in their 6 car garage at home.

What you mean is the least broke poor people you know.

Gotta disagree. My future inlaws live in a house built in the 30’s that has been remodeled. They both drive second hand cars. They both wear average clothes and never buy from high end department stores. My fiancé’s first car was a $500 Volvo. They got rid of that and got her a “new” $1500 Volvo. Lol. They pinch pennies over everything. But that’s why they have 7 figures in the bank several times over.... if you met them, you’d never think they were financially well off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate all the comments. As many of you know, I do have a little one on the way. Its a slight reason why I wouldnt mind a new, big, comfortable vehicle with plenty of room in the back seat for the little one. But, its also the reason Im concerned about this lol.

So judging by the comments, have most of you never bought a new vehicle? Or have, but regretted it?

I am stuck between the want and need comment. In all practicality, I could probably get by with a gasser. Im sure the increased fuel and maintenance cost would offset the reduced fuel mileage. These new 17s run like a scalded dog, which I'm not going to lie gets my "motor" going lol. Plus, I feel like Im getting a decent deal with a new diesel that I will likely put at least 200k for $42K.

Without diving too deep into finances, my wife and I are currently putting 35% of our income in savings. I have a raise coming in a month and a half that I hope will come close to covering this extra monthly payment. Our house payment goes down $200/month in a year once our escrow is caught up. I dont think Im so worried about the truck payment putting us in a bind as I am losing some of that 35% freedom.

It's a tough road being as fiscally responsible as possible, yet enjoying life while you have it. At almost 32, I've never driven a new vehicle off the lot, so I think that has something to do with me considering this. Randy I get what you're saying about investing it. My question; did you always get by with the cheapest vehicle possible or did you ever spend more for comfort and reliability? Thats basically where Im at right now.

Comment

I’m pretty cheap, but I have bought new a few times in the last 6-8 years. Main reason i have bought new vehicles is due to the warranty offered on new vehicles, and price isn’t that different from brand new to lightly used.

Comment

Working...
                                X