No announcement yet.

suppressor for long range shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated for bolt gun I would vote Thunder Beast, but I have not put many rounds through a CRUX.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      Dedicated for bolt gun I would vote Thunder Beast, but I have not put many rounds through a CRUX.
      Have you shot the crux next to the TBAC?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
        Have you shot the crux next to the TBAC?

No, and it was not the same host.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

It comes with one, so you will have a spare!
          Maybe he got a different size. It is available in both 7.62mm and 5.56mm bores.

Comment

No experience with TBAC (other than SS could not supply one when I wanted one). That said, I went Crux and glad I did. Perfect complement to my 7Mag and no POI shift. I'm a fan of Crux.

Comment

It seems like the guys that have either one like them for accuracy and minimal POI shift, but how do they compare in actual sound suppression?

Comment

It comes with one, so you will have a spare!
                It comes with the anchor brake on the end. I purchased the optional flat front end cap.
                B

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
                  It comes with the anchor brake on the end. I purchased the optional flat front end cap.
                  B
                  When I bought mine it came with the flat front cap as well as the anchor brake. I just double checked and you are right looks like they don't send that in the box anymore. Good call-out.

*Edit - Thinking back the flat front cap may have been a freebie from SilencerShop back when the two companies were playing nice together..

*Edit 2 - I just looked back at my receipt from SilencerShop. They included a free flash hider in addition to the included muzzle brake and the front cap for free. I wish those two companies would work things out.
                  Last edited by -HIC-; 09-07-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I am shooting a POF 308 with a Sig SRD Qd. It has a little POI shift, once it is re-zeroed the groups are a little less than a inch at a 100yds. Granted it took a little research and work to get it to cycle and that is not reliable. Looks like a bolt action in in order.

Comment

I've shot 300win mag through my SpecWar at a mile. POI is different with it on but it is still accurate

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but what effect does a can have on accuracy? And, what's more, why would one over another make a difference. Other than the obvious weight hanging on the end of the barrel affecting its barrel harmonics.
                        Last edited by Gunnyart; 09-08-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          Forgive my ignorance but what effect does a can have on accuracy? And, what's more, why would one over another make a difference. Other than the obvious weight hanging on the end of the barrel affecting its barrel harmonics.
                          Other than harmonics some other things come into play as well. Gasses expanding in a concentric way are conducive to accuracy. A can's job is to disrupt that flow of gas. So the kind of clip used on the baffles can really effect POI and accuracy. The end cap design is another accuracy /POI killer

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                            Other than harmonics some other things come into play as well. Gasses expanding in a concentric way are conducive to accuracy. A can's job is to disrupt that flow of gas. So the kind of clip used on the baffles can really effect POI and accuracy. The end cap design is another accuracy /POI killer
                            I have a YHM Phantom SS that's heavy as a boat anchor which I'm sure is the primary culprit but I get a huge poi shift can-on/can-off. I have to re-sight the scope if I know I'm changing the way I plan to shoot it. Either way it holds very small groups however.

Comment

A friend of mine who designed suppressors for some of the major companies told me that point of impact shift is caused by a symmetric baffles. If you have symmetric baffles you will have less point of impact shift

Comment

Dead air

Comment

Working...
                                X