Texas turning Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    It's been purple for years, the state is turning.
    Yep. Hispanics are taking over.

It will soon be just like California. All of the metro areas are blue and all the rural are red. There will come a time when the metro areas completely outnumber the little blue country counties with votes.

Sadly, the white male vote is almost meaningless. The coveted votes these days are female and minority.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      i think everyone has a skewed idea of the voting base. if you look at facebook and fox news and tbh, then yeah its gonna seem like trumps up. we tend to surround ourselves with like-minded people. and, there is confirmation bias.

i think texas will stay red, but i think it will be closer than ever before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Then how do you explain liberal sites like Yahoo? Go to their comment sections and it's 9 to 1 pro Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Amen. A lot of whiners on here and people I personally know about their candidate not getting the nod. Hey, my front runner (Cruz) didn't get the nod but I'm voting for TRUMP. If you think Obama was bad, just wait till that pos Hillary gets into office. Good gosh, wake up!! Pretty darn simple decision here.

And no, our state is not turning blue. The media sure would like y'all to believe that though.
        Agreed....I fought against Trump till I was blue, but I'll vote for him over hillary any day.

One thing I see is that information like this will enegize the democrat base because they think they are in striking distance. I hope it does the same on the republican side.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          for the media skeptics...which polls would you consider to have merit?

Not the one that showed Romney beating Barak in 2012.........

I honestly dont know what to believe.....but I'll be ****ed if I don't cast my vote against any democrat!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Then how do you explain liberal sites like Yahoo? Go to their comment sections and it's 9 to 1 pro Trump.
            Not sure what stories you are looking at, but I have seen way more support for Hillary

Comment

Trump bragged about getting democrats to come over to vote for him. That's those people.

Comment

It doesn’t matter the popular vote doesn’t count in America

Comment

seems yahoo is not a very "liberal" site

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                    But whats the population count in that county? It doesnt matter when the 4 big cities are bringing in blue votes. The numbers just dont work. Texas will turn blue, we have done it before. Like others, i doubt its this year, but i think we will see it.
                    Collin is one of the most populated and fastest growing...but its mostly people with money.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Yep. Hispanics are taking over.

It will soon be just like California. All of the metro areas are blue and all the rural are red. There will come a time when the metro areas completely outnumber the little blue country counties with votes.

Sadly, the white male vote is almost meaningless. The coveted votes these days are female and minority.
                      Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        When was the last time a candidate has represented 100% of a every republican that voted for him (or her) views?? More than likely, that has never happened..

What good economy?
                        It's one thing to not represent someone fully in certain political aspects. It's completely different for a person not to represent someone personally.

Texas has a good economy.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmorrow View Post
                          Collin is one of the most populated and fastest growing...but its mostly people with money.
                          As evidenced by your classified ads.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            It's one thing to not represent someone fully in certain political aspects. It's completely different for a person not to represent someone personally.

Texas has a good economy.
                            Do wha?? Manufacturing is in the tanks as is the oilfield. I work in both areas. Not good by a LONG shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Do wha?? Manufacturing is in the tanks as is the oilfield. I work in both areas. Not good by a LONG shot.
                              But better than most of the country......hence the influx.

Comment

Stats from last 5 presidential elections
                                2012 R-57%, D-41%
                                2008 R-55%, D-43%
                                2004 R-60%, D-38%
                                2000 R-60%, D-38%
                                1996 R-48%, D-43% (Ross Perot got 6%, this may be the closest representation of a starting point)
                                The Bush elections are anomalies, Texas being home state.

Current State legislature make up R-119, D-59
                                This would reflect a more current election; however, large population centers could make a difference in state wide election.

Comment

Working...
                                X