• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      That's stealing.
      Might want to delete since we have so many LEO on here.
      downloading is stealing, streaming is not

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
        What are some of the better Kodi Add-Ons? So far I like Genesis, but not sure what else to look for.
        Exodus

Comment

For the people that use the fire stick, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one and doing the jail break and adding kodi. I have the roku 3 now. Any idea of comparison, as far as processing speeds, memory, etc? Or would you recommend just getting the fire tv box?
          Last edited by TxHunter06; 03-31-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I have a nvidia shield with kodi installed for movies and channels I don't get

and a tivo roamio w/ a lifetime subscription for recording shows, which also records OTA channels if I ever cancel TV.

I do still have TV service though, the wife can't figure all this stuff out.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
              I have a nvidia shield with kodi installed for movies and channels I don't get

and a tivo roamio w/ a lifetime subscription for recording shows, which also records OTA channels if I ever cancel TV.

I do still have TV service though, the wife can't figure all this stuff out.
              My wife has problems with it but my 8 year old has it down!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                My wife has problems with it but my 8 year old has it down!!
                So true.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                  For the people that use the fire stick, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one and doing the jail break and adding kodi. I have the roku 3 now. Any idea of comparison, as far as processing speeds, memory, etc? Or would you recommend just getting the fire tv box?
                  the box performs better with better specs. you can make the sticks run great though with "advanced settings"

the wifi in the stick though can interfere with some tvs. works great in my living room, but bedroom tv shows wifi errors. have to use a hdmi extension cable to get it far enough away from the tv so it wont interfere. I have 4 sticks, and 3 of them have this issue on the same tv.

if trying to save money by going with a stick, I would grab a raspberri pi 3 for $35, along with a keyboard remote for $15 and run kodi on that. flawless performer. there are also numerous other android boxes available for $35-50 with good specs.

anyone not used to using kodi, put it on your pc first to try it out and get familiar. should be able to quickly decide if it could replace your tv.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    the box performs better with better specs. you can make the sticks run great though with "advanced settings"

the wifi in the stick though can interfere with some tvs. works great in my living room, but bedroom tv shows wifi errors. have to use a hdmi extension cable to get it far enough away from the tv so it wont interfere. I have 4 sticks, and 3 of them have this issue on the same tv.

if trying to save money by going with a stick, I would grab a raspberri pi 3 for $35, along with a keyboard remote for $15 and run kodi on that. flawless performer. there are also numerous other android boxes available for $35-50 with good specs.

anyone not used to using kodi, put it on your pc first to try it out and get familiar. should be able to quickly decide if it could replace your tv.
                    you ever have buffering issues with kodi?

Comment

No

Comment

That's what advanced settings fixes

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

Is the tv your having issues with a smart tv? Just curious why it would need to be away from it, if it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                            Is the tv your having issues with a smart tv? Just curious why it would need to be away from it, if it wasn't.

Yes it is. All my tvs are but only one gives me that issue.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

If I used Kodi on my computer can I cast it to my tv using chromacast?

Comment

Working...
                                X