Chill R broad head tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill R broad head tuning?

I have a Chill r set at 72lb 29" draw shooting Easton axis 300 cut to 29" with 100gr tips. I have walked back tuned and that is good. I have been shooting very well out to 60 with field points and so far been shooting rage hypos. they shoot exactly like my field points. I tried some slick trick mags and at 40 they shoot about 2-3" down and to the left. what suggestions do yall have on what I should do now. I would much rather shoot the slick tricks.
    Thanks

Originally posted by fisher__man View Post
    I have a Chill r set at 72lb 29" draw shooting Easton axis 300 cut to 29" with 100gr tips. I have walked back tuned and that is good. I have been shooting very well out to 60 with field points and so far been shooting rage hypos. they shoot exactly like my field points. I tried some slick trick mags and at 40 they shoot about 2-3" down and to the left. what suggestions do yall have on what I should do now. I would much rather shoot the slick tricks.
    Thanks
    Can you raise the rest a tiny bit?

Comment

tune it to the sticks, as oktx said rest the rest a very small bit.

Comment

To make BH and field points impact the same, move the rest from the BH to the FP.
        In your case, move the rest up and to the right. Move in small increments, resight with field points and then check broad heads. Each movement should show improvement.

Comment

Old killer. Got a question. If the op has done is walk back. And is got that set say to at least 40 yards. All good groups to 60 as he states. Now he goes to a broad head. Now they are off. If they are grouping. Then why move the rest just move the sight. Once he moves his rest to get both to hit then he has moved his center shot

Or. He does not have his bow set as good as he thinks.

Comment

Broad heads are grouping as tight as my field points or at least very close out to 40 just off down and to the left a few inches. What do talk think about walk back tuning the broad heads?
            O yeah I walk back tuned with field points all the way out to 60 and was good.

Comment

Most do not do walk back tune with broadheads.

They shoot a field point then broadhead.

Before you do this do a walk back with broadheads. See and record what it looks like. Now do the standard broadhead tune. Shoot the field point. Then a broadhead. Move the rest so your moving the broadhead to the field. Means if broadhead is left of field point move to the rest to the right. Yes this is not what the Easton chart days todo. Now once you have the broad and field hitting together do walk back. with broad heads an see if it looks the same as the test walk back. If not that's fine do not make a change.

If same good if not. Now do walk back with field points. If it has all
              So changes. Pm me with the info thanks

Comment

I was thinking of another chart. Easton tells you to move to the right from the example I gave also.

Comment

With walk back tuning, you are only as good as your level.... Levels are level, but only with the earth. If it's off any walk back is a waste of time. Form and hand torque also can add variables. If it's grouping good and shooting a straight arrow if first try just broadhead tuning, with the rest

2"-3" off at 40 should be easy to work out if bows tuned and correct arrows

Comment

Ok I moved my rest a small amount to the right. Now my broad heads are hitting where I aim but my field tips are now 2-3" to the right. Am I chasing something that I might not get (broad heads and field points the same). I would like them to shoot the same. What now?

Comment

Are they any closer to each other than they were before?

Comment

No they are the same distance apart.

Comment

Easton tuning guide is backwards for people shooting a compound bow with a release. If your broadheads are hitting left. That means you would either have a tail right tear through paper or an impact left tail right with bareshaft. Try moving your rest slightly to the left until they meet

Comment

Arrows?

Comment

Easton axis 300 cut to 29" with 100gr tip blazer vanes with offset.

Comment

Working...
                              X