No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

this nis the public weatherstation i set up on one of my places on CR 310 if anyone is looking for rain totals.

Comment

Went to our lease this weekend. Deer are hammering the protein and cotton seed. In true game camera fashion two of the three were acting up so didn't see a lot of pictures. We really need some rain that is for sure. The only other concerning thing is that we have yet to see any fawns and we have made several hunts.

We are covered up in raccoons. Pretty nuts on how many we have seen. We have been killing an average of 4 hogs each trip this year also.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
        https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXROCKS29

this nis the public weatherstation i set up on one of my places on CR 310 if anyone is looking for rain totals.
        How far is your place from Pole cat draw?

Comment

Going to head to our lease this weekend and suffer in the heat. We need some rain bad on our place. I am filling up our 300 gallon water totes that gravity feed to a trough for the deer every 3 weeks.

Comment

Deer are looking pretty good. Got 1" of rain 7/31 near Carta Valley
            Attached Files

Comment

Got another .25" over the weekend.
              Deer are looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                We seem to have more coyotes than usual too. Ranchers have a ton hanging on fences, we hear them a lot more, and I killed one that wandered through thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what that's all about.

We have also noticed a sharp drop in our axis numbers. Not sure about that one either. My best guess is the axis may have roamed and gotten into anthrax somewhere nearby.
                The coyotes moved into our area about 5 years ago. I hit the snares hard this spring and summer, and probably caught 4-5, but it seems to have run off the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                  Deer are looking pretty good. Got 1" of rain 7/31 near Carta Valley
                  Looking good Drew!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    The coyotes moved into our area about 5 years ago. I hit the snares hard this spring and summer, and probably caught 4-5, but it seems to have run off the rest of them.
                    Same with us; had never heard nor seen coyotes out there until 2015 or so. Not excited about them coming back around either.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      Same with us; had never heard nor seen coyotes out there until 2015 or so. Not excited about them coming back around either.

Sounds like some works to be done!

Comment

You Edwards County guys have decent deer activity after last year’s anthrax outbreak, or did it wipe out a good chunk of your herd?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          You Edwards County guys have decent deer activity after last year’s anthrax outbreak, or did it wipe out a good chunk of your herd?
                          im in the southeast part of the county and we didn't get hit at all

Comment

We were hit hard 36 miles SE of Rocksprings >all we saw last winter was a few 1 & 2 year olds bucks and about 4 does. This year we have 10 to 12 bucks from 4 years to 1 year old. Where they came from I don't know, but it sure is good to see them. Look back up to CHRIGGING post above to see some camera shots.

Comment

We are 15 miles SE from Rocksprings as a crow flies and weren't touched.

This weather right now would be incredible for going after Hill Country elk..

Comment

I’m 25 miles south on 377 and my wasn’t affected by anthrax. Seems like up 277 got hit with it but no one around me had any.

Comment

Working...
                                X