Who is going to try and kill a deer with an air rifle next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is going to try and kill a deer with an air rifle next year

Anyone going to try it if Texas Parks and Wildlife approves it?
    If so what rifle are you going to use?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I think this is insane. You can use an air rifle but not a 22. Am I the only one seeing a problem with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
      I think this is insane. You can use an air rifle but not a 22. Am I the only one seeing a problem with this?
      You can with a .22 hornet
      The airgun has to be .30 Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

But you can’t with a regular 22. What damage is an airgun going to do? I know they are a different breed these days and are not the $200 rifles you buy at academy, but ****.

Comment

Gonna get my old Benjamin out, pump it 12 times instead of 10 and bust ones ***

Comment

Nope. I don't shoot deer with a rifle. I'm a bowhunters.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm waiting for TPWD to hand out purple participation ribbons with purchase of hunting license. We all have to be winners at this game to keep the spirit alive. If little jimmy don't kill something after 4-5 sits he will lose interest and won't support our sport...

Meanwhile we will better our age structure of the herd while shooting spikes that plaque our trophy herds. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Gonna get my old Benjamin out, pump it 12 times instead of 10 and bust ones ***
                Easy now. No need and pump 12 times. Ain't no elephant it's a deer, 10 will do

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  The airgun has to be .30 Cal.

30cal pellets are around 45 grains flying at around 1000fps in the most awesome airgun on the market. a 22lr is a 40 to 45 grain bullet going at least 1200 fps. so the airgun has less energy than the 22lr and way less than a 22 mag

Comment

Where are we going to put the exclusive blowgun season?
                    This "weapon specific" season along with youth season, MLD, late doe and spike, is getting silly.
                    We all have 5 tags.
                    It's about time to start DEER season on the same day Archery and MLD opens, and carry it thru till whatever date the commissioners think that all hunters have had adequate opportunity to fulfill the "hunting" experience.
                    Sorry, I was wrong about the 5 tags.
                    Those with MLDP, pretty much have unlimited tags, and still have their 5 tags outside their MLDP property.
                    Again, this is getting silly.
                    Just raise all license fees $7 and let everybody hunt.

Comment

Did they just pass a new law that we can hunt deer with air rifles now

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping someone can explain why hunt with an air gun? I don't see the allure of air gun vs rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                          But you can’t with a regular 22. What damage is an airgun going to do? I know they are a different breed these days and are not the $200 rifles you buy at academy, but ****.
                          Look on youtube, there are dozens of videos of people killing things bigger than a WT deer with them. If it can kill a wildebeast or cape buff, I'm sure it will have no problem with a whitetail.

Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 01-27-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                            Hoping someone can explain why hunt with an air gun? I don't see the allure of air gun vs rifle
                            Some people may have messed up in the past and arnt allowed to hunt with rifles. So air rifles would out them back in the game..

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to be a lot " Anyone have a dog near #######" threads going on if this happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X