What makes a good hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes a good hunter

What makes a great hunter in your opinion? What what parameters qualify a person to be a great hunter? by these parameters does that make you the person a great hunter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Patience and perseverance. Along with the ability to figure out the “why”.

Comment

Free range no bait. Understanding animal movement with out a feeder and figuring out how to take a wise buck or old doe on thier own terms. Might rub some the wrong way not intended though.
      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-21-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Money

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            Free range no bait. Understanding animal movement with out a feeder and figuring out how to take a wise buck or old doe on thier own terms. Might rub some the wrong way not intended though.
            I can agree. The best hunters I know can regularly kill mature deer in many situations where others can't or won't. They don't seem concerned about what others shoot-it seems to add to the challenge in a way.

I try to emulate good hunters, but I'm not successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Money
              Yup!

Comment

A good hunter is one who pays attention to details and is tactful and mentally tuff. I watched a show where Jim Shocky was hurting a big buck and dug a hole in the ground and hunted that deer for 21 days straight from daylight till dark in that hole in sub freezing temperatures. That’s a hardcore hunter.
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 01-21-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Money
                  Not even a little bit. IMO some one that doesn’t need a huge paycheck and can still get it done
                  Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-21-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

A great hunter knows many animal species. They are in shape to get to the animals. They are good with different weapons. They can walk quiet and sneak up on game. They understand wind and how to use it.

The question should be that in Texas is an average hunter the same as a great hunter since most don't need to be in shape. Just get in a box blind and wait. Still have to make a decent shot.

If a great hunter is the guy that kills the biggest rack...Then money.

Comment

Plus 1 if I could.

Comment

Someone who can walk into public land and drag out a mature buck, or elk.

Not everybody hunts where the biggest bucks roams so cant always judge a hunter by the inches. Those guys that can head into woods, hit the trails and drag out a bruiser have my respect. No, I’m not one of them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Patience, perseverance, perceptive, attentive, adaptive, tolerant, acceptive, ethical, and of high moral character to name a few.

Comment

Money
                            This!!!!!

Comment

Took the words out of my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X