No announcement yet.

Help: Stolen Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several people were hit in Waco this weekend. I know Pioneer Steel had a trailer stolen. Then that trailer was caught on camera at the Caterpillar place loading two stolen skid steers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      Wow, one would think the dealerships would be full of cameras.
      Surely someone saw something ...

Comment

How does the liability not rest 100% on the dealership it was stolen from? It was in their care, stolen from their facility.

Comment

Do they not have any sort of GPS tracking on it? Almost all newer equipment comes factory with a tracking system of some sort. A guy I know recovered some construction equipment about 6 hours after it was stolen while it was parked in a barn last week. Bad day for the thieves.

Also like has been said already in here. Does the liability not rest with the dealer? I would think it does.

Comment

This is a picture that caterpillar posted of the truck leaving with the stolen skid steers being hauled on the trailer that was stolen from Pioneer Steel. I would be willing to bet it’s probably the same guys.

Comment

He had to use his fold outs for something.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

In my last job we had GPS tracked equipment stolen and never recovered, one was actually a John Deere backhoe with 107 hours on it, brand new unit and the GPS was "inaccessible to be removed" per John Deere. John Deere and Low Jack touted the tracking as a selling point and all of our equipment came from the factory with it installed.

It was found 2.5 years later in Alexandria, La when the unsuspecting new owner went to purchase parts at the dealer.

I am sure tracking is better these days from 5 years ago.

In most all instances, the dealer is not liable for any theft that happens on their yard, that is all in the fine print. Just because it's locked up behind their fence doesn't make them liable, one would think it does and some dealers may have it but none of the ones I have dealt with, same goes for boat dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jven View Post
                  Several people were hit in Waco this weekend. I know Pioneer Steel had a trailer stolen. Then that trailer was caught on camera at the Caterpillar place loading two stolen skid steers.

Wow that’s gutsy. To the OP, hate to see these type posts but like many have said should be some liability on the dealership in this case

Comment

I was all around the southeast side of Waco area this past weekend. Wish i would have seen this thread and could keep an eye out. I hate thieves!

Comment

the dealership can claim no liability, but I bet a civil suit jury would find different.

Comment

This is a picture that caterpillar posted of the truck leaving with the stolen skid steers being hauled on the trailer that was stolen from Pioneer Steel. I would be willing to bet it’s probably the same guys.

Wow the balls

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                          the dealership can claim no liability, but I bet a civil suit jury would find different.

Thx Hoghunter34

I haven’t heard anything today from my buddy but I’d say he would certainly file a civil suit

Comment

Man that sucks and I know the feeling. My wife expedition was stolen 2 weeks ago from a transmission repair shop here in town. Funny thing is, it was stolen the evening that they put the new transmission in!!

Comment

D@mn, this all happen thursday night?

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
                                Man that sucks and I know the feeling. My wife expedition was stolen 2 weeks ago from a transmission repair shop here in town. Funny thing is, it was stolen the evening that they put the new transmission in!!
                                Did they try to make you pay for the transmission?

Comment

Working...
                                X