Racoon Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racoon Calling

I have 3 huge raccoons coming to a feeder every night between 11pm and midnight. if I go hunt at night what's the best way to call them out?

Probably be best to just hunt them at 11-midnight . Not sure how they respond to calls... someone may know

Comment

Call them by hitting the test button on the feeder.

Comment

Woodpecker in distress call.
        DP traps are very effective.

Comment

Buy a few dog proof trap and catch one a night and kill em..

Comment

Spotlight and a 12 gauge.

Comment

Calling coons is very hit or miss, some areas they come in better than others too. Coon pup distress, coons fighting, and bird distress have produced for me the few times that coons actually came in. FYI put the call away from your position a ways, when coons do commit they can and will get right under your feet (or vehicle).

Comment

Dog proof coon traps. Kill them in the morning and keep at it. Mine get the point pretty quick and don’t come back after I get the first few dumb ones.

Comment

We kill all of them hitting the feeders with the dog proof traps. If I see them while driving a mouse squeak, hand kiss, will often bring them in.

Gary

Comment

If you have a fox pro Put on coon fight....

actually, make sure mag is loaded, one in the chamber safety off and shooting position ready...

THEN put on coon fight... you will generally have to defend yourself...

I've called them in with rabbit in distress, woodpecker, other stuff... but nothing with the consistency of the coon fight noise on the foxpro

Comment

I called in a couple of coons one night - and Momma just chased them off with a broom !

Comment

Put out tuna fish they will come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At my places almost any call works but a coon fight call does seams to work the best.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                            If you have a fox pro Put on coon fight....

actually, make sure mag is loaded, one in the chamber safety off and shooting position ready...

THEN put on coon fight... you will generally have to defend yourself...

I've called them in with rabbit in distress, woodpecker, other stuff... but nothing with the consistency of the coon fight noise on the foxpro
                            Some of the most fun I've ever had hunting!

We have had our best luck around tanks and creeks. After you've shot any of the ones coming to the call, scan the trees around you with a spot light as the females and younger ones will be watching the fight from above.

Comment

Mine have gotten trap shy. But I have decent luck walking up on them at the feeder with a spotlight and a 12 gauge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X