Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video editing software.....new computer ...What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dell laptop here and looking for some software to edit my 1080 hunting videos. I have used Windows Moviemaker for years but it is no longer supported by MS nor comes with new computers as part of the package. I have read you can download via a 3rd party but I figured, since I'm at this point, I might try something a little better if I can find it. Not sure if it has been fixed but Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 would lose audio in the slowmo scenes and I'd have to extract files from the master and import them into the project using Audacity and My Video Converter. PITA but doable and I'd like to not have to do that anymore.

Anyway....I don't want to spend a ton but I don't mind paying for a solid program if needed. I dabbled with Pinnacle about 5-6 years ago and used their free 90 day trial for my hunt videos. I liked it, but not even sure if its available anymore. Looking for ideas from some TBHers before I go off searching blindly again. Looking for easy of use, like WMM but with a little more variety.

Soooo....What are you using? Thanks fellas....

In for the same thing. Loved editing video on my MacBook and iMac but got rid of those this year. Need something for Windows 10.

Comment

Jason, if you're using Windows 10 I stumbled across something similar to movie Maker. It has a few options on it. I think I right clicked my video file and found the program when I clicked edit.

I was able to make this horrible monstrosity last night in just a few minutes.

Please subscribe and share while you're at it LOL

Comment

I use HitFilm Express and have really enjoyed it. There is a big learning curve but the online video tutorials have helped a great deal. Did I mention it is free?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfphhVDECaM"]Redfish Limit in 30 minutes at the same spot-Port O'Connor, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Michael
        Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 01-25-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I use Final Cut Pro X at work. I use it on a Mac but you can also get it for the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            I use Final Cut Pro X at work. I use it on a Mac but you can also get it for the PC.
            same here. fcp x on a mac

Comment

I use Adobe premier pro. It's way smarter than I am but easy to use, it's very speedy and non glitchy which is my primary requirement when editing. I believe I pay $20 a month for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Jason, if you're using Windows 10 I stumbled across something similar to movie Maker. It has a few options on it. I think I right clicked my video file and found the program when I clicked edit.

I was able to make this horrible monstrosity last night in just a few minutes.

Please subscribe and share while you're at it LOL

Bobby yes....I am using Windows 10 now. I can't seem to do that and get a program to come up. Any chance you know the name of it the program?

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                I use HitFilm Express and have really enjoyed it. There is a big learning curve but the online video tutorials have helped a great deal. Did I mention it is free?

Redfish Limit in 30 minutes at the same spot-Port O'Connor, Texas - YouTube

Michael

I like free! lol....I'll give it a look! Thanks Michael..

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

I'll give it a look....thank you!

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                I use Adobe premier pro. It's way smarter than I am but easy to use, it's very speedy and non glitchy which is my primary requirement when editing. I believe I pay $20 a month for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll look into this as well. I don't need an annual/monthly subscription so that maybe this one out. I make 3-5 videos (hopefully some more if I can ever get my pigs to come back) so an monthly/annual sub might be a bit much.

Comment

I found it under "video editor" in the programs list. Seems it may be embedded in the photos application since the tabs at the top are photos and video projects

Comment

Go to www.avs4you.com. You can download their whole editing suite for like &40.00 or so. It’s powerful and real intuitive. Easy to learn. I’ve been using it for years. I got it ski could convert various video formats to the Apple format so I could play videos taken with my miniDV camera. There is video and photo software both on the package.

Comment

By far the best available software to learn is DaVinci Resolve. They offer the software for FREE with only minor features not available compared to the paid version. Also, no water mark or length maximums.
                      It is a BEAST of a software capability wise.

There are a ton of big name you tubers who have switched to resolve, and you can find videos where they explain why. I have been toying around with it for several months, and I can already tell that I won’t come close to ever pushing the software’s limits.

Professional video editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post production all in a single application. Free and paid versions for Mac, Windows and Linux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas....I'm going to check into it all... appreciate the information..

Comment

I use Filmora been happy with it

Comment

Tagged

Comment

my friend won the SXSW film documentary last yr and he uses adobe pro. It is a small fee but super easy and clean to use

Comment

Working...
                              X