Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #51
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinR View Post
Bowslayer, looks like you made your own corral panels using square tubing. Curious how tall the panels are and what size tubing you used. They look great!


They are standard hog panels. Either 34" or 36" tall I can't remember. They are framed with I believe 1" tubing and made to pin together. Tree Phantom was the one that made them and they are awesome where it's not possible to drive a post.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #52
ColinR
Ten Point
 
ColinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring Branch, TX-in the Hill Country not Houston
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
They are standard hog panels. Either 34" or 36" tall I can't remember. They are framed with I believe 1" tubing and made to pin together. Tree Phantom was the one that made them and they are awesome where it's not possible to drive a post.
10-4 thank you sir.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #53
mexico70
Six Point
 
mexico70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: central tx
Hunt In: Sutton co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Its a Spartan GoCam. Cost is about $12/month on AT&T. They are pretty easy to get set up. I built an external solar/battery set up for this camera and haven't had to touch it since June. I love seeing all my pictures as it takes them. I can also change all the settings and take pictures on demand.
Thank you sir I'll check them out !
mexico70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2017, 08:20 AM   #54
Texas8point
Pope & Young
 
Texas8point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas
Default

I went to the lease this weekend. Walked in the cabin and the kitchen was a wreck...... I'm figuring coon by the size of the stuff knocked over. I found the hole and started cleaning up. Came face to face with one of these in my bedroom. Needless to say we scared the shizzy out of both of us !


I ran him out of the house and covered the hole.
Ate and drank like a king. Weather was great, got a few things done and checked my game cams. Filled feeders and cleaned up my box blind.













And a potential fat cull for next yr












Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #55
BrianG
Ten Point
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

In for the new year!
BrianG is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #56
breese
Eight Point
 
breese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Burleson
Hunt In: Sonora,Colorado,Arizona, New Mexico
Default Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
In for the new year!
When is your next trip down?
breese is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #57
BrianG
Ten Point
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breese View Post
When is your next trip down?


Either February 18th or 25th weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BrianG is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #58
mexico70
Six Point
 
mexico70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: central tx
Hunt In: Sutton co.
Default

Ill be Sutton county bound tomorrow ! Gonna fill all the feeders and kill a bunch of coons and a bunch of Barley Pops !! Anybody else heading out tomorrow ?
mexico70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #59
daniel044
Six Point
 
daniel044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Katy, TX
Hunt In: Sonora, TX
Default

Heading out there this weekend as well.
daniel044 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #60
WTN
Eight Point
 
WTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Edwards County
Default

Planner and I will be at the ranch tomorrow also.
WTN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #61
Patton
Pope & Young
 
Patton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Edwards, Hays, Caldwell
Default

Trying to head that way either Feb 17th or the following weekend. In terms of feeder hunting- February has always been the most active month in my opinion. Seems like every February I have a few 'Nat. Geo.' quality hunts.
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #62
Ag_Attack
Ten Point
 
Ag_Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

I'll be out this weekend also. Heading out this afternoon to try and hammer some pigs and fill the protein feeders.
Ag_Attack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #63
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

I'm headed down tomorrow to check out a new lease.
Shane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #64
Planner
Six Point
 
Planner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

We were out today and found a shed antler.... I think this is the earliest we've found one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Planner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #65
mexico70
Six Point
 
mexico70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: central tx
Hunt In: Sutton co.
Default

Just got home and getting ready for Super Bowl ! We got the feeders filled and managed to thin the coon population by 11 and the cooler was empty ! So I'd say a very successful trip !
mexico70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #66
Elite13
Six Point
 
Elite13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Laporte, Texas
Default

We just got on a place called the T4 ranch 30 miles south of Sonora. There are some axis. Any other exotics we should be looking for?
Elite13 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #67
Stolle
Pope & Young
 
Stolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default Sonora TX 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I agree 100% It's been a long time since I've been as excited to get on a place. We've not seen too many exotics, but hoping axis will be making an increased showing in the area.



From what I've read, it's best to feed protein starting the next few weeks and continuing through late summer, is that correct?


I would feed protein Year around if you have some exotics and want them to stay around. The axis on our place love it. We use the Lamco timed protein feeders.

Stolle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #68
txfirefighter_04
Ten Point
 
txfirefighter_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Angleton
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolle View Post
I would feed protein Year around if you have some exotics and want them to stay around. The axis on our place love it. We use the Lamco timed protein feeders.

Those axis look fat & happy
txfirefighter_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #69
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Looks like I'm going to be hunting Sonora this year for the first time.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #70
Stolle
Pope & Young
 
Stolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
Those axis look fat & happy


Next weekend I hope to make TNT(Tall, Narrow, Thick) unhappy
Stolle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #71
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

I'll be tagging along again...Even though I don't hunt Sonora I did as a kid and enjoyed the beautiful country side tremendously ...Good luck everyone...
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #72
mexico70
Six Point
 
mexico70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: central tx
Hunt In: Sutton co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
I'll be tagging along again...Even though I don't hunt Sonora I did as a kid and enjoyed the beautiful country side tremendously ...Good luck everyone...
That's cool ! Cause I don't hunt in Mexico anymore but I tag along on y'alls Mexico thread. Oh man one of these days I will return for sure ! So good luck to y'all as well.
mexico70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 05:52 AM   #73
daniel044
Six Point
 
daniel044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Katy, TX
Hunt In: Sonora, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Looks like I'm going to be hunting Sonora this year for the first time.

For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.
daniel044 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #74
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel044 View Post
For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.


That's good to know. One of the guys on the lease mentioned the same and that the first two weeks of December were usually peak rut.

Which part of Sonora are you hunting?
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #75
Eric Pence
Pope & Young
 
Eric Pence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
That's good to know. One of the guys on the lease mentioned the same and that the first two weeks of December were usually peak rut.

Which part of Sonora are you hunting?
Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #76
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pence View Post
Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck
Noted. Thanks.

We are south of town about 25 miles. I still have to go check the place out for myself but have a spot reserved until we are allowed to check the place out. I believe it is part of the Whitehead Ranch if that rings any bells.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #77
Ag_Attack
Ten Point
 
Ag_Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel044 View Post
For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.
As mentioned, this is a great rule of thumb. Our place is 30 mi south of Sonora. We see our bigger bucks very early in bow season and very late into Dec.
Ag_Attack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #78
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag_Attack View Post
As mentioned, this is a great rule of thumb. Our place is 30 mi south of Sonora. We see our bigger bucks very early in bow season and very late into Dec.
Sounds like we may be pretty close. I will let you know when I head that way to look at the lease. Maybe we can meet up.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #79
BrianG
Ten Point
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite13 View Post
We just got on a place called the T4 ranch 30 miles south of Sonora. There are some axis. Any other exotics we should be looking for?
Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Noted. Thanks.

We are south of town about 25 miles. I still have to go check the place out for myself but have a spot reserved until we are allowed to check the place out. I believe it is part of the Whitehead Ranch if that rings any bells.
I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?

Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.
BrianG is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:09 PM   #80
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?







I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?



Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.


I sure don't. I need to get more info on the place.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #81
txfirefighter_04
Ten Point
 
txfirefighter_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Angleton
Hunt In: Sonora
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pence View Post
Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck
Now I know when I'll be using my vacation :-) Thanks for the good info
txfirefighter_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #82
Eric Pence
Pope & Young
 
Eric Pence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
Now I know when I'll be using my vacation :-) Thanks for the good info
No prob maybe if we are all down there the week of ,or after Thanksgiving we can meet up for lunch Mid-week, in Roosevelt (about 40west of Sonora) there is a awesome caf/bar there or Sonora at the Mexican Buffet by the liquor store.
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #83
Eric Pence
Pope & Young
 
Eric Pence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

I am starting to really get the itch again after a 6 weeks away...Miss this view from my stand
Attached Images
 
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #84
txfirefighter_04
Ten Point
 
txfirefighter_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Angleton
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Ya I've got the itch as well. Can't wait to get back up there at the end of the month and pull camera cards and see what all we got going on.
txfirefighter_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #85
Eric Pence
Pope & Young
 
Eric Pence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

I think we are going either Next weekend (Feb 18) or the following (Feb 25th) depends on my sons college visit schedule
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #86
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pence View Post
I think we are going either Next weekend (Feb 18) or the following (Feb 25th) depends on my sons college visit schedule


Does anyone deliver bulk corn protein in the area?
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #87
WTN
Eight Point
 
WTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Edwards County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Does anyone deliver bulk corn protein in the area?
Rafter W in Sonora and Country Boys in Rocksprings
WTN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #88
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Is anyone around here in the MLD Program? I'm considering it but wondered about tag numbers for the area. I called the Biologist a few days ago and left a voicemail but she never called back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #89
txfirefighter_04
Ten Point
 
txfirefighter_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Angleton
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTN View Post
Rafter W in Sonora and Country Boys in Rocksprings
We were in Rafter W at the end of last month and told us they didn't do bulk, when they told me over the phone they did. But I was dealing with young kids so that could of been my issue. May not of understood what I was asking
txfirefighter_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 07:16 PM   #90
ColinR
Ten Point
 
ColinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring Branch, TX-in the Hill Country not Houston
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Does anyone deliver bulk corn protein in the area?
Simon Brothers in Roosevelt does I believe.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #91
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Rel county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinR View Post
Simon Brothers in Roosevelt does I believe.


Gracias senor
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #92
ColinR
Ten Point
 
ColinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring Branch, TX-in the Hill Country not Houston
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Gracias senor
De nada
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #93
BrianG
Ten Point
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Is anyone around here in the MLD Program? I'm considering it but wondered about tag numbers for the area. I called the Biologist a few days ago and left a voicemail but she never called back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


We're MLD3 and tags have never been an issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BrianG is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #94
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
We're MLD3 and tags have never been an issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How many acres and how many tags?
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #95
BrianG
Ten Point
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

2,400 acres. 14-16 doe tags. Bucks range from 8-16 tags.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BrianG is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #96
Ag_Attack
Ten Point
 
Ag_Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

To my understanding, the MLD program is completely ranch specific. There are a bunch of factors that go into it, such as range conditions, deer population, your overall management goals, etc. hope this helps BowSlayer.

On a side note, looks like they are predicting about 2" or so of rain in the area between Monday-Tuesday. The deer sure do need it....they are pretty run down after the rut and were still sucking down the feed when I was there last weekend.
Ag_Attack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #97
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag_Attack View Post
To my understanding, the MLD program is completely ranch specific. There are a bunch of factors that go into it, such as range conditions, deer population, your overall management goals, etc. hope this helps BowSlayer.

On a side note, looks like they are predicting about 2" or so of rain in the area between Monday-Tuesday. The deer sure do need it....they are pretty run down after the rut and were still sucking down the feed when I was there last weekend.


Yes I've been involved with MLD for many years and yes it's property specific. I've just not been in the program for that area of the state. We really need to take out some deer, mostly bucks. I literally saw at least 10 bucks for every doe last season.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #98
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
2,400 acres. 14-16 doe tags. Bucks range from 8-16 tags.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Thanks for the info.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #99
Ag_Attack
Ten Point
 
Ag_Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Yes I've been involved with MLD for many years and yes it's property specific. I've just not been in the program for that area of the state. We really need to take out some deer, mostly bucks. I literally saw at least 10 bucks for every doe last season.
I hear you. We have the opposite problem, too many does. If you go that route please post up how it goes. I'm interested to see how much it helps.
Ag_Attack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #100
Elite13
Six Point
 
Elite13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Laporte, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Do you turn down by the large Phillip 66 sign?



I'm surrounded by a few Whiteheads. Do you know the land owners first name?

Looks like we have a couple of new TBHers' close by.


Yes we do
Elite13 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com