Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
8mpg
Eight Point

Default Replacing garage floor

Well not exactly the garage, but my building floor. I have a 32x28 building that was built in 2 sections. The back part of the slab is 1.5" higher than the rest. Its cracking on the front half and the back half.

It looks like a monolithic pour (front half anyways). Any ideas on how to replace the concrete? Is it ok to cut out the center and re-pour? The city wont let me take down the whole building and start fresh without rezoning, then applying for a special use permit. Back in 1993 they decided to rezone my whole area from 1 acre lots to 8700sqft lots.
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
Well not exactly the garage, but my building floor. I have a 32x28 building that was built in 2 sections. The back part of the slab is 1.5" higher than the rest. Its cracking on the front half and the back half.

It looks like a monolithic pour (front half anyways). Any ideas on how to replace the concrete? Is it ok to cut out the center and re-pour? The city wont let me take down the whole building and start fresh without rezoning, then applying for a special use permit. Back in 1993 they decided to rezone my whole area from 1 acre lots to 8700sqft lots.
I can have someone look at it if you wish, I would think you could sawcut and remove existing and go back with a new floor.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
8mpg
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I can have someone look at it if you wish, I would think you could sawcut and remove existing and go back with a new floor.
Sending you a PM
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top