Thanks guys/gals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds awesome good luck

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

All gear accounted for, re-packed in smaller bags, labeled and weighed. Should make our weight requirements, but it will be close! Headed to Tok early tomorrow morning. The hunt starts the next day (Thursday) bright and early.

Comment

Awesome Snow Moose!

Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Good luck. Look forward to pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                    Ive done two and am on deck to leave for my third next Thursday. I can give you some insights as to cost from Anchorage out to the bush and back.

My first trip was to Dillingham then out to an unnamed lake/river. The flight to Dillingham was round $400 each plus $1,900 total for the Beaver flight. We shipped a raft out and back for about $120/each way. Food was a combination of Mountain House, and other durable foods that would keep for 10-12 days so figure another $400 total. Odds and ends like white gas, bear spray, etc maybe another $100.00. Grand total for two of us was $3,200.00.
                    We were not successful although we saw 6 bulls. I didn't see one that was legal and in range for my tag.

Last year we went to a cabin a friend of mine owns out of Kashwitna(near Willow) I drove to Willow, got in a float plane ($900) total and flew out for 10 days. Same food costs, plus we paid $500 for cabin improvements. Total cost for two was $1,900. Again no dead moose, we saw 10 bulls, only one was legal for me but he wouldn't cooperate.

The trip next week is $400 to Bethel each, then the bush flight is $2,600.00.00 Same food costs and odds and ends will double due to the logistics of "Bethel". We shipped a 2 hp kicker motor out for $300.00 So total for this trip is $4,600 split for two guys. This does not include a meat flight back if we kill a second moose, that would be another $2,600.00 to Bethel and does not include getting it back to Anchorage.

It also does not include things like the cost of the raft, motor, inreach, solar chargers, sleeping bags, cots, tent, stove, optics, bows etc.
                    Good info for DIY

Comment

On the way to Tok now. Stopped in Palmer for breakfast. The sun is wanting to show itself. We ended up renting a 16 passenger van. Perfect for hauling all our gear.

Comment

"The Noisy Goose" has some great Biscuits and Gravy by the way.

Comment

go tyler go....

Comment

shoot, I could have had breakfast with you! I work a mile from there! When you get to the first light in Palmer, turn right, go two blocks to my office!

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                              shoot, I could have had breakfast with you! I work a mile from there! When you get to the first light in Palmer, turn right, go two blocks to my office!
                              No kidding! Wish I would have known. We were there pretty early.

Comment

Just finished breakfast at Fast Eddie's. Got the gear loads weighed yesterday. 10 pounds under weight. Checking in at 40 Mile Air in less than an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X