Side x side third seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side x side third seat

So i decided i needed a third seat on my new Can Am Defender Max xt due to the fact that i have a family of 5, and we like to take friends with us to our family farm or ranch. And, that poses a problem if they have kids....so...i built a seat to fit in the bed. I had all the material in my garage minus the padding and vinyl seat cover. So with that said, its not the best looking final product, but the budget was good. I have seat belts on order and i lack a couple other details, but its pretty much ready to roll now.

I used 2x4, 2x8, 2x6, and 1x2, as well as a little 2x12. Screws, bolts, and carpet padding as the cushioning. I triple layered it so its pretty comfortable. I also painted it with plasti-dip. Hopefully it lasts and hold up to the weight and shifting of the weight on bumpy roads. I used an existing kudu back hide as the seat cover as it wont get as hot as black vinyl in the sun....and it was on hand taking up space. I also used tyvek house wrap before i put the hide and vinyl down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ttt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats nice, how has it held up?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        Thats nice, how has it held up?
        Pretty dang good. The hide has worn some, and underneath where it's all tucked isnt as clean as it used to be. But it's still as strong as day one

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

OH MAN!! That is great! Thank you

Comment

Please get something the ABSOLUTELY locks the bed down when you have folks in that seat and be aware that the CofG changes alot with folks in the seat. There have been many cases of folks getting hurt and killed with 3rd seats like that.....Most of the time it's kids who don't appreciate the handling changes.

Comment

Working...
            X