1981 chevy project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 chevy project

Well after about 15 years of having my eyes on this truck I finally was able to get my hands on it. I have watched this truck go from near mint condition to what it is today but it did allow me to get it for the steal of a price I got it for. I am only the 3rd owner of it and it only has 74k miles on it most of which are from being flat towed to Mexico and south Texas. 1981 chevy K20 292, sm465, 208 transfer (going to change for a 205), 410 gears. It's not a fast truck now but it will climb a mountain in low gear. Plan on getting it road worthy first and fix the body, disc brakes on the rear, then get the the good stuff and drop an LS motor in it. I will update with pics as I go, going to be a slow process but I am excited.

sweet old rig

Comment

Keeping the Manual tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Keeping the Manual tranny?

Yessir It's a bullet proof tranny.

Comment

Following

Comment

Sweet truck man! Gonna be following along for sure, love those old chevys

Comment

Nice. I'm excited to watch this build

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Let me know if you need any body parts. I've got an 81 that I'm fixing to pull apart and scrap. I'd sell the parts cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dropem View Post
                    Let me know if you need any body parts. I've got an 81 that I'm fixing to pull apart and scrap. I'd sell the parts cheap.

Man that would be awesome!! I am in need of a drive side door and mirror if possible?

Comment

That will be a beast.
                      Rwc

Comment

Perfect project truck

Comment

Well this is just an hour of the work tonight I got done. Seat is out and cab scrubbed from top to bottom and got the front end apart and getting new pads seals and getting the rorors turned.

Comment

Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by KHoes203 View Post
                              Man that would be awesome!! I am in need of a drive side door and mirror if possible?
                              The drivers door is not perfect. It has a small dent above the door lock. I can also feel a little wave in the bottom. Not sure if it has been fixed before.

PM me your # so we can talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X