Pig Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig Story

True story…. Was bow hunting for deer on a place in North East Oklahoma. Camping out of the back of my jeep Cherokee, it was supper time, dark and really cold. I cracked open a can Chef Boyardee ravioli and was warming it with my camp stove under the light of a Coleman lantern. I was all alone and it was very still and quiet except for the hiss of my camp stove. As I reached down to stir the swill, I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and looked and nearly dropped the spoon. It was the unmistakable figure of a giant boar! My mind didn’t immediately catch on because the landowner has always swore he has never seen a hog on the place in all the years it’s been in his family.
    This hog was headed directly for me with his snout in the air. I yelled “HEY PIG!” and he didn’t flinch. He just kept coming towards me at a cautious pace. I yelled again but the pig was determined and kept right on coming. I instantly figured out he wasn’t after me but was seeking out the aromatic allure of the ravioli! I knew I had two choices, give way and let him have it, or put him down. It was a no-brainer, he wasn’t getting my dinner.
    Was his demise gonna be my loaded Glock tucked away under the driver’s seat of the Jeep or my Muzzy loaded Bemans quivered in my compound on the rack of my 4 wheeler that was only few feet away? No time to dig for the pistol, so I sprang for the bow and quickly knocked and drew. There was no time to aim but it didn’t matter, the swine had closed to within 2 yards when I let fly. He let out a squeal that shocked the night air and in a flash he did a 180 and sprinted towards the woods, screaming the whole way.
    I stood there in disbelief trying to grasp what had just transpired in a matter of about 15 seconds. I couldn’t believe it. I thought about what to do next when I realized the obvious! My ravioli was gonna burn! As I sat there enjoying the pasta wrapped mystery meat I was beaming as I felt justified in double punching my man-card.
    The next morning after my unsuccessful deer hunt I tracked the blood and found him 40 yards away. The land owner was just scratching his head. BTW….he looked MUCH bigger under the glow of the Coleman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	25137083
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	25137084

Nice MR. Man Card Holder!!

Comment

Wow, thats crazy. I can already hear it now. Raviolli, the new boar attractant. Lol

Comment

Very cool. May have to set up slightly opened ravi cans to see if I can draw some in.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
          Wow, thats crazy. I can already hear it now. Raviolli, the new boar attractant. Lol
          Raviolli feeder coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
            Raviolli feeder coming soon
            lol

Comment

Ravioli flavored corn, coming to a feed store near you...

Comment

He ain't a pound under 300 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Obviously a boar with good taste. Hopefully he'll taste good. Nice shooting.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Why so selfish with your ravioli ?

We can't tolerate this many posts without disparaging the OP, so I thought I'd start

Comment

I have to say I wouldn't mind trading a can of ravioli for a grilled backstrap.
                      Fun story!

Comment

I bet you won’t leave your pistol under the seat anymore!! Cool story. Congrats

Comment

Pasta wrapped mystery meat.... haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol, nice story, thanks for sharing

Comment

Funny story!

Comment

Working...
                              X