Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
    thats why i told ya in the post above to check for AV in and out !.
    and b1gtexx sound good im sold on it .. my older brother keeps asking me what i want for a graduation gift and the angel eye is what its looking like its gonna be. did you by happen to take a look at the andriod tablet i posted ?
    I really like the idea of the tablet as a DVR the only thing I wouldnt be sure about is if you could turn the screen off while it still records. That was one of the key features I wanted for my photon recording was to not have a backlight in the background from the screen if I didnt want. But when my Angel Eyes gives out I might have to give that a try. Have you read of anyone using it and being able to turn off the screen while recording?

Comment

im going to go ahead and get the tablet shows it having a AV in which is what you need for viewing any ways . and im also getting the angel eye for traveling to not stationary stands and woods stalking ..exc

Comment

im going to go ahead and get the tablet shows it having a AV in which is what you need for viewing any ways . and im also getting the angel eye for traveling to not stationary stands and woods stalking ..exc
        What are you estimating your total expenses to be?

Comment

for those of you who may already have a anriod tablet i might of found a solution even if you dont have a (av-Input).. as long as you have a USB 2.0 the normal size usb flash drive input(not micro). then you can use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-UVC-Andr...item233ee0ff4e

video of how it works
          How to buy?http://www.febon.net/1. FEBON100 UVC USB AV grabber card user manual http://febon.blogspot.com/2012/02/1.html2. NEXUS 7 android 4.3 has embedded ...

so now i can basically pick anysize andriod tablet with a 2.0 usb drive and it should work for (viewing only ) and use the Angel eye to record!. things just got easier

or if your tablet has a Hdmi port .http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-5-Feet...item2c8c505b25
          Last edited by txsd1211; 12-05-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

photon xt 4.6-(413$)gift
            the angel eye is around (59)$ -gift
            tablet i have yet to pick one out yet but could vary from 50-150? ish wont spend any more and then possibly a adapter cable for 5-50$
            around tops wont spend anymore could be cheaper the tablet will determine the overall price .. basically buying a tablet +usb/hdmi adapter depending on which route i decide to go +adjustable tripod stand -31$,12-tripod tablet mount. so like maybe $150?
            overall setup is under 600 thats the scope ,mini dvr, tablet+mount +tripod

Comment

Do you realize that an excellent DVR with LCD already exists, in a small portable package, designed just for the Photon, for about $200? Maybe I am misunderstanding the objective you're aiming for.

Comment

photon xt 4.6-(413$)gift
                the angel eye is around (59)$ -gift
                tablet i have yet to pick one out yet but could vary from 50-150? ish wont spend any more and then possibly a adapter cable for 5-50$
                around tops wont spend anymore could be cheaper the tablet will determine the overall price .. basically buying a tablet +usb/hdmi adapter depending on which route i decide to go +adjustable tripod stand -31$,12-tripod tablet mount. so like maybe $150?
                overall setup is under 600 thats the scope ,mini dvr, tablet+mount +tripod

Also where are you buying a photon xt for $413??

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                  Also where are you buying a photon xt for $413??
                  I got one for about that price from opticsplanet on black Friday.

Comment

I cannot speak for garby and txsd1211, but this is what happened to my buddy who tried to go the Optics Planet route. They took all his money, told him it would ship in 1 to 3 days, and the next day sent this email, and did not offer to refund the payment.

Caveat emptor.

"Thank you again for your purchase. We're processing your order and have an update for you. The expected availability for certain items is listed below:
                    ================================================== ================
                    Ordered: 1 XK-NVR-SM18008 Sightmark Photon XT 4.6x42S Digital Night Vision Riflescope SM18008 $469.99
                    ================================================== ================
                    This product is brand new and still in production. Currently, the manufacturer is planning to release it in the next [6] to [8] weeks*.

We are currently taking pre-orders for this item. For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a 5% discount just for waiting! Just mention this offer when you call to confirm your pre-order.

Please let us know what you would like to do.

If your order is urgent, we offer thousands of products that are in stock and ready to ship. You can browse our full selection of products featuring FREE TWO-DAY SHIPPING here Free Two-Day Shipping on Riflescopes, Binoculars, Rangefinders, Sunglasses & More! Fast FREE Shipping!, or contact us directly and one of our knowledgeable product experts will be happy to assist you.

Thank you and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

OpticsPlanet.com Sales Force"

Comment

if you look at the angel eye its similar to the unv version the reason i want a tablet or screen is to have some one else the option of watching it on a bigger screen than 2.5"..
                      theres been another person who had a similar setup just was not a tablet .

Comment

Well I'll be calling tomorrow .. even if I have to wait a few weeks I'm still getting the scope for 413ish. There not just going to screw me out of my money .. there on Amazon,eBay I don't see many bad reviews . I think the factory is just backed up even with outdoor legacy there's a wait list..

Comment

Called optics planet they said mid-late jan .. also talked to a guy from nightvisionguys.com and he said it's a 45 day wait as well .like I said I think the factory is just backed up ..not that there screwing people around ya it looks bad if it says "in stock " But so did nvg.com.. I don't mind waiting to get it at the price I did .

Comment

Hmmmm....

Comment

called a few more places. they are all back ordered as well got this email from one "Hello, sorry they are on backorder from the manufacturer. Nobody has them in stock. I have 10 units on order so if you want one you will have to place the order and unfortunately wait. I hope to have them in a few weeks. Also no local pick ups, I have free shipping." so yeah like I said before the manufacturer is backed up ...

Comment

Got mine so no need to wait
                                thanks Jason on a speedy delivery

Comment

Working...
                                X