• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring height and scope base for rifle?

Hardware:
    Remington 700 Sendero 300 Win Mag
    Leupold VX-R 4-12x40 Firedot-G TMR

When I bought it, it had Leupold Standard 2 piece mount base and 1" medium rings on it. Wanting to shoot it, I thought 2 local shops in BCS I visited would have both in stock... thought wrong! Wanting to shoot it Academy only had Leupold Standard 30mm high rings and they are way too high for my liking.

So I was hoping the TBH brotha's can shed some light on what scope base/ring height combination you all would recommend to go on a Rem 700 LA Sendero that will allow me to shoot around the 750yd mark. The Leupold has 75 MOA adjustment, so I don't know if that is enough or should I just snag
    a 20 MOA base and be done with it?

If anyone has the VX-R on a Rem 700 Sendero/Varmint/Tact. I'd really like to hear of your setup!

And if any of you have a LA scope base not being used, I'd like to hear about it!

Thanks in advance!
    Lee

Larue or Seekins la rail with low badger/tps/seekins rings is what I run on mine.

Comment

Seekins 20moa seekins lows. The 40 will clear easily

I guess i'd add with a 30mm tube a 40mm obj. pretty much anythings going to clear. Idk if you need/want a picatinny setup but on a rifle that's going to finish 10lbs or more anyway i just assume go with something solid. You can get to 750 easily on a 0 moa but on a lower end (and i've not had any trouble with my vxr's tracking but i don't turn the dials on them either) I just assume keep it in the meat of the adjustment range as much as possible. That's probably a little bro science on the last part but makes me feel better
      Last edited by TexMax; 02-23-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Let's see pics of said rifle.

Comment

What caliber Lee?

Are you wanting a rail or a more traditional hunting style setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s a 300 Win Mag Mr Mike! Snagged it from Geraldg6 on here!

Pics in this link:

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                It’s a 300 Win Mag Mr Mike! Snagged it from Geraldg6 on here!

Pics in this link:
                http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=668817

If you want to keep a traditional hunting rifle look put a set of Talley 1 piece light weight rings/bases on it. They offer them in 20MOA configuration but it only takes 20MOA to get to 1k with a 300WM.

Otherwise put a rail and Seekins low rings for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X