AR 15 builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR 15 builds

Does anyone have the best current parts list to build budget AR from PSA? 7.62?

Want a foundation and then build on later?

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I print out and use this PDF for every black gun I build, regardless of parts vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
      Does anyone have the best current parts list to build budget AR from PSA? 7.62?

Want a foundation and then build on later?
      "Best" and "Budget" should not really be used in the same sentence.

I doubt I can really add much more that that. I build for quality. Hell I spend more on a barrel and trigger than most want to spend on the whole gun. But then again my ARs shoot .5 MOA or better.

Comment

Midway USA

Comment

Originally posted by outbreaker View Post
          "best" and "budget" should not really be used in the same sentence.

I doubt i can really add much more that that. I build for quality. Hell i spend more on a barrel and trigger than most want to spend on the whole gun. But then again my ars shoot .5 moa or better.
          x10

Comment

This
            http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516444983.html

and this
            http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...fire-1728.html

Comment

I love my CHF PSA AR. My high level precision needs and my semi-auto needs don't overlap - MOA is just fine and the PSA does that easily.

So to answer your question, PSA's parts are gtg. I'd pay extra for their CHF barrel and a good trigger. If you think you'll suppress it, get an adjustable gas block. If not you can skip it; on everything else the regular PSA stuff is good.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/mi...s/arclform.pdf

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I print out and use this PDF for every black gun I build, regardless of parts vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thank you sir, thats what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                  I love my CHF PSA AR. My high level precision needs and my semi-auto needs don't overlap - MOA is just fine and the PSA does that easily.

So to answer your question, PSA's parts are gtg. I'd pay extra for their CHF barrel and a good trigger. If you think you'll suppress it, get an adjustable gas block. If not you can skip it; on everything else the regular PSA stuff is good.
                  Thank you for that, it gives me something to think about and yes I'm wanting to suppress.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

I doubt I can really add much more that that. I build for quality. Hell I spend more on a barrel and trigger than most want to spend on the whole gun. But then again my ARs shoot .5 MOA or better.
                    Yup...$500+ just for that combo right there....buy once cry once.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

“Best” recievers shouldn’t need the barrel bedded into the reciever

Heck my mega recievers fit so tight they barely go together and they are hell to get apart.

Comment

Anyone mind throwing a “best” list up there for the uninformed?

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post

Price usually dictates. Any receiver under $150 is middle of the road, under $100 is far from the best.

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mega. JP. Noveske billet. There’s so many good ones it’s hard to name them all. Mega has always been one of the go to for precision builds. With that said, you can certainly build a hammer of a gun on other recievers. I’ve got a billet seekins lower with a Vltor mur upper that’s a hammer. If I take care of it lol. It’s my truck gun. 10.5” 5.56. It’s beat to heck. Filthy. Stays that way. It kills so I leave it alone.

Comment

Indeed Seekins. They make a great product. Don’t forget LaRue either. My LaRue Grendel is a hammer for sure.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X