Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXChickenRanch View Post
    Any engravers in the houston area??

That's the guy that did one of mine, he's out of Spring in Gleanloch Farms unless he moved within the past 18 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      http://www.laseredgeengraving.com/

That's the guy that did one of mine, he's out of Spring in Gleanloch Farms unless he moved within the past 18 months or so.
      He has moved.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
        Is this true: I’ve always heard that if you have it engraved before approval you can have anyone engrave it without you present. Once it’s approved you need to be present since it is a registered NFA item. Or a Class 3/SOT can do it. Is that right?
        I was told that you do it that way so that if the lower gets destroyed or lost in the process you are only out the cost of the lower.

After you have submitted the paperwork, if the lower was destroyed or lost.....the SN on that lower is what is coming back on the tax stamp and can't be changed. So now you have to start over and explain how the previous item was lost/damaged.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Bro..... Everyone knows the day you get the form 1 back you immediately go to the range and go Full Operator with the new SBR

He's just saying the anticipation on having a approved form 1 but then having to engrave it and wait longer sucksssssss even if it's only a week or 2 long.
            Some of us have no patience haha
            Oh you wait till it’s sngraved once the stamp is back?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              If I knew the answer to my question, I wouldn't be asking it "dude". Chill out.

But thanks.

What he’s trying to say is, it Stag in your case didn’t build the complete rifle as an SBR, then it has to be filed on an F1 and engraved by you.

If the rifle was built built as a complete SBR rifle, then you do not have to engrave.

I’m still a little unclear about exactly
              How you purchased it. It sounds like based on what you said in the quote above, is that you bought a complete lower and a separate short barreled complete upper and assembled them (or the shop owner did) then that would require an F1 and engraving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So here is a question for you guys......

I’ve got a factory Daniel Defense SBR in 300 Blackout. I didn’t have to get it engraved. What if I decide I want to buy a MK18 upper in 556 and want to swap out occasionally and put it on that lower.......am I manufacturing a new rifle? If so, what happens if I shoot out the barrel on the original factory upper? Does it qualify as “manufacturing” when I put a new barrel on the upper? Do I have to file again at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                  So here is a question for you guys......

I’ve got a factory Daniel Defense SBR in 300 Blackout. I didn’t have to get it engraved. What if I decide I want to buy a MK18 upper in 556 and want to swap out occasionally and put it on that lower.......am I manufacturing a new rifle? If so, what happens if I shoot out the barrel on the original factory upper? Does it qualify as “manufacturing” when I put a new barrel on the upper? Do I have to file again at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You can legally swap out uppers and replace the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                    You can legally swap out uppers and replace the barrel.

Yep. That’s considered a temporary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lower is the sbr, that's the only part that needs to have serial number.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X