Slug guns: Savage 212 OR HR slug gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    A 12 gauge in an H&R slug gun is, well, it's pretty stout. They did put a pretty good recoil pad on most of them so that helps. The savage to me had close to same recoil. So it's more if want a single shot or do you want one that hold something like three. We see the H&R's and New England slug guns for sale all the time. They were very popular because of their price/accuracy.
    This^^^^^ recoil is stout but manageable. Mine lives the Hornady 300 grain SST's. @2000 fps. It packs a punch and is accurate out to 100 yards. That's the furthest I have shot at paper!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Mossberg 695 bolt action slug gun like this one on gunbroker.com and am very happy with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        I bought a Mossberg 695 bolt action slug gun like this one on gunbroker.com and am very happy with it.
        Heard great things about these as well.

Comment

Anyone have a ultra slug gun for sale

Comment

Text me at 4096516935

Comment

Still looking for one close to the Beaumont area

Comment

My son Joe uses a 20ga Mossberg 500 with a cantilever scope mount. Rifled barrel, shooting Winchester Platinum Sabots( which really are 240gr JHP's). Man he can keep them in a coffee cup at 100yds. Everything he has shot with it has been DRT.

Is it the single shot that interests you or the heavy projectile?

Comment

I'm very happy with my USH in 12ga. Bought it from another TBHer years ago. He had a trigger job done. And weight added to the stock. Gun weighs in at 11.5 lbs with my 4-12x42 on top of it. And shoots lights out with standard velocity Rem Copper Solids. I've also got an original Mossburg 835 that I bought back in 1991. And bought a matching camo Trophy Hunter slug barrel for it as well. It likes the Winchester Partitions.

I've been shooting and hunting with slugs since the late 1970s.

A couple more bolt action slug guns you might want to look into are the Marlin 512 in 12ga. And the Browning A-Bolt in 12ga. There are a ton of configuring models by various mfgs if you really look into it.

Comment

I'm also looking for a WingMaster 870 20g with the serial number ending in N for another project.

Comment

Well, shall I ask, what is the project?

Comment

A Savage 220 (20 ga) Stainless shooting 3” Federal Trophy copper with Leupold 4x. Can cover 5 shot group with a half dollar at 150 yards.

I think the 20 is much better than the 12 in this respect

If you are gonna have a dedicated slug gun then spend the money on one that was designed from the ground up to be a slug rifle. Bolt or single shot.
                        Last edited by Johnny44; 02-21-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I own and absolutely love my H&R ultra slug hunter. It’s heavey as heck. But it shoots dang good. I can shoot a 2-2.5” group @ 100 no problem. 300 grain sst slug @ 2000fps is awsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The closest thing to the H&R and as cheap as you can get into the good shooting 20 Sabot game is the CVA Hunter model CR5805. It does the job very well.

Even if a person doesn’t want to buy the stainless/synthetic 220 Savage, get the blued one.

Comment

Savage. I didn't read the rest of the thread, but savage 220. Good to 250+.

Comment

Working...
                              X