tree stand latter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tree stand latter

any ideas for a cheap tree stand latter,its for public land so i dont wanna worry about leaving it...thinks about a few 2x4s or maybe job site re bar

Maybe them screw in steps they are cheap enough to leave and if they grow legs you wont be out very much.

Comment

yeah i seen them to,do ya think you need to carry a drill with me for starter holes

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
        yeah i seen them to,do ya think you need to carry a drill with me for starter holes
        yes to finish faster.. save yourself the exercise..

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
          Wouldn't hurt but I have done it without one.

Comment

ill check into them,how are they,like a buck each

Comment

1.79 at Academy but walmart I think is cheaper at a dollar or so.

Comment

Tree steps for sure, you can do it without a drill, even on a hardwood tree. Small, cheap, inconspicuous, easily replaced

Comment

You might need to look into the screw in steps. Public areas may not allow them.
                  You can pick up a climbing stick for around $20. Not heavy and easy to transport.
                  Watch Sportsman's Guide and Academy.

Comment

im gonna go ahead a stop by academy,look around..
                    they got a lot of deals goin on right now anyway

Comment

I think Ameristep makes an attachment for drills to screw in the tree steps.

Comment

I will forget my bow before i forget my cordless dewalt set on a hunting trip. A quick pilot hole saves you time and trouble. Ive done it with and without the drill. Pilot hole is the way to go for them screw on steps, especially if you like to "get up top" like i do. They are what i use for my swivel limb stands.

Comment

i dont think your supposed to use the screw ins on public land

Comment

Walmart normally runs the screw in tree steps real cheap this time of the year and sometimes you can talk the manger down on them.

Comment

I've use lag screws for this as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X