No announcement yet.

What would be your #1 Go To Attractant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend was just telling me to feed goat & sheep feed. He said it is good for deer nutritionally and it would compare to pricing for corn. Has anyone else tried this?

Comment

Corn with buck candy brings them in like nothing else

Comment

Several Phases I think to this Lance,

1. You need to be in an area that has deer and I know you are.

Hand corn the area, put up camera and wait, throw a trophy rock out if ya can during late spring and summer. Put out one record rack block.

2. If you are feeling good about a feeder, not walking away and that is very likely where you are hunting, put one up with 2 bags of corn, less for them to steal and take a loss.

3. Spend some time walking the area outside of your stand, finding trails, old rubs, scrapes. Hand corn there.

4. Late Oct 21-end of month, should be pre rut/rut. Find the does. I use plain old deer urine, if I find a scrape, I may put some tinks 69 in it.

5. During the Rut a good pair of antlers and grunt call, and a doe bleat works wonders.

6. Post rut= FOOD SOURCE, they are going to be run down, get a few record rack blocks and put them out, both does and bucks are gonna be wore out.

Comment

I was looking at some of my old threads and this reminded me. I have spent so much money on things like bb2, this, that & the other thing and I realize that plain corn works better than anything. I have even tried vanilla and have not had much luck with it myself. I guess it just depends where you hunt and what the deer like.

Comment

Working...
          X