Nope. Not today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stingerslinger View Post
    Well crap, we received mail in ballots. We did not request them and planned to vote in person, so we threw them away. What now?
    I bet if you just go vote no one will ever know.

Comment

Stingerslinger. You will have to go file an affidavit at county annex I’m guessing.

Awry. Parents live in Texas. Harris Co

Comment

God bless your poll watchers; I hope they are as diligent nationwide; however I very seriously doubt it.

Comment

Well crap, we received mail in ballots. We did not request them and planned to vote in person, so we threw them away. What now?
          Dude, the answer is in my post. Contact the county clerk. 8 am Monday.

Comment

Go to county clerk ask for a provisional ballot.

Comment

About 4-5 weeks ago I filed for a mail in ballot, I have not received it yet. Going to vote next week. Guess they will tell me then if I can vote or not. If they say I signed up to vote by mail then I will need them to verify that they did indeed mail it to me. If I get it between now and then, I will bring it with me.

Comment

Originally posted by brents45 View Post
                About 4-5 weeks ago I filed for a mail in ballot, I have not received it yet. Going to vote next week. Guess they will tell me then if I can vote or not. If they say I signed up to vote by mail then I will need them to verify that they did indeed mail it to me. If I get it between now and then, I will bring it with me.
                Call the County Clerks office and ask them before you get frustrated waiting in line for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  Call the County Clerks office and ask them before you get frustrated waiting in line for a long time.
                  Ok I will!

Comment

I swore you could cast a provisional ballot, and then get the rest worked out after the fact. Now that may only be on election day, but my understanding was you never leave the polling location without casting a vote, even if it's just provisional.

Comment

Seeming contradiction in the law:
                      Texas Administrative Code §81.172
                      "(a) At all elections, the following individuals shall be eligible to cast a provisional ballot.
                      [...]
                      (6) A voter who has applied for a ballot by mail, but has not yet properly cancelled the mail ballot application."

Further down in (c)
                      "A person voting by mail may not vote a provisional ballot."
                      Last edited by meltingfeather; 10-19-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        Seeming contradiction in the law:
                        Texas Administrative Code §81.172
                        "(a) At all elections, the following individuals shall be eligible to cast a provisional ballot.
                        [...]
                        (6) A voter who has applied for a ballot by mail, but has not yet properly cancelled the mail ballot application."

Further down in (c)
                        "A person voting by mail may not vote a provisional ballot."

Only thing I can think of is either
                        1. ballot was "applied for" and is still listed on the records as "active"

2. voter did NOT apply for a mail in ballot yet was sent one unsolicited because of age, disability, etc... Many Texas were indeed sent mail in ballots that were not "applied for"...

?? dunno.

Comment

I'm not an attorney and don't claim to understand it, but to me the first line is someone who has applied for but not received the ballot. The second one is someone who already submitted - voted.

Comment

I saw two separate individuals try to use a passport. The first computer couldn’t locate that person. They were sent to a second table where a phone call was made to verify whether they were legit or not. I didn’t see the outcome as I voted and left while they were still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just moved to Bell County this past summer, have our voter registration cards for Bell County, but if we got mail in ballots, they were thrown in the trash. I will take everything to see if I can vote early tomorrow!

TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by brents45 View Post
                                Ok I will!
                                Voted in person yesterday-No issues-never received mail in ballot that I applied for,maybe I filled the app out wrong??

Comment

Working...
                                X