Lease or Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease or Package

Which do you guys prefer? I’m spending over $4k (total) for my lease and wonder if package hunts may be the way to go. I only got 6 days of hunting this season due to kids and work. I can’t afford to have a lease and buy hunts. I love the lease aspect of camp and friends, but I didn’t get much of that either. Package hunts would allow me to hunt a different species each year.

Have any of you guys given up the lease game for similar reasons?

You could have gone with an outfitter West for that $

Comment

I think the same thing all the time. Spend $2250 on lease and then all the expenses that come with it. The good thing is I enjoy it year round. So now I will stick with it.

Comment

I think if you don’t get the full benefits of a lease. Then a few package weekend hunts are the way to go but they sure get expensive as well and with only 4000 you might only get 2 maybe three at best for 4000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me personally. I want a lease. I have a 2 yr old son that will son be able to go hunting with me and I want him to get the experience of what its like and I want to have a place to relax and sit around a campfire with friends. You just can't beat the feeling that a lease brings.

BUT, I won't spend 4k on a lease no matter what. If I cant find a lease for under my top price (2500) then I'll pay for a weekend hunt. But my main goal is to have a lease.

Comment

Yes, Opting for Spring Bear, Whitetails and/or Mule Deer when I draw a tag. All of these are out of state, hunting in Texas can be a ripoff to way over priced or both. I do miss the campfire of a deer lease sometimes but I get over it. A few deals are out there but very few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Which do you guys prefer? I’m spending over $4k (total) for my lease and wonder if package hunts may be the way to go. I only got 6 days of hunting this season due to kids and work. I can’t afford to have a lease and buy hunts. I love the lease aspect of camp and friends, but I didn’t get much of that either. Package hunts would allow me to hunt a different species each year.

Have any of you guys given up the lease game for similar reasons?
              I did just this year. The wife and I have twin 1 year olds now and two other kids under 7. It’s just not feasible for me to invest the time a lease would take. So I’ll be doing a combination of public and outfitters for the next few years to see how that goes while the babies are so young. I too love the getaway/camp aspect of a lease, but it’s just not possible right now with work and family commitments. Have Missouri booked next year for 5 days, and considering a CO elk hunt for the following year.

Comment

I think the weekend trips would be better for you. I’m hunting Missouri whitetail and Texas Axis this year for right around your budget.

Comment

Definitely a hard decision to make due to how things go season to season with family and work obligations. I am a GOF or real close but from my experiences it’s very difficult to do it all. I really didn’t get back into hunting until my youngest daughter was a teenager. Partly because my wife and I both worked so my mr mom obligations took precedence. Only hunting 6 days for that much would influence my decision depending on the lease of course. Good luck.

Comment

I'm big on the DIY aspect of hunting, and don't particularly care for guided hunts, so I would go lease 100%. Not bashing the other option, just not my cup of tea. I have a buddy that was in your same quandary. After doing the math, he decided on package hunts and he loves it. He has a wall full of 160-180" deer.

With me, I got off my lease with the idea of using those funds for hunting public land out of state. I have a couple small local places to get my whitetail fix. I love time around a lease camp fire with the guys, so I'll eventually find my way back to a lease. Plus, I want my son to grow up on a lease, as those are some of my fondest memories growing up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X