• Show
Clear All

Pan sausage

22# venison
    17# pork
    3# bacon ends n pieces
    Gonna grind and vacuum seal tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Gonna b some fine table fare. What time do we eat?

Comment

Mind sharing the seasoning recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Recipe

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Mind sharing the seasoning recipe?

I usually go down to Novak's in El campo or Jureks here in town and just buy a bag of seasoning for however many pounds I'm making, but trying out my own this round.
        Everything in the picture.
        Salt
        Black pepper
        Cayenne pepper
        Red pepper flakes
        Garlic powder
        Onion powder
        Paprika
        Brown Sugar
        Sage.
        I used the spreadsheet created by MESQUITECOUNTRY on here to get the amounts of seasoning. I just started grinding right now, I will let yall know how it came out. Will be frying up a patty soon.

Comment

His recipes are dang good, but its too much sage in the pan sausage for my liking. Hopefully its not for you.

Comment

I ended up adding more Cayenne pepper, more brown sugar, some thyme, more black pepper.
            Still think it's missing something, maybe coriander???
            I do not add any msg. I'm pretty sure most store sausage has it, and some pretty mix bag seasoning has it, but u don't use it.
            Came out pretty good.
            Only had time to vacuum seal 10# today, I have to work tonight. I will package the rest tomorrow when I wake up.

Comment

yummy

Comment

Making my mouth water...

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  His recipes are dang good, but its too much sage in the pan sausage for my liking. Hopefully its not for you.

When I was growing up, my Dad and Grandpa would season our pan sausage with the mindset "you can't have too much sage." Then proceed to cover the pile of ground sausage with a whole blanket of sage. So that's how I grew up eating pan sausage.

Once I grew up, I realized that you can, if fact, have too much sage. I actually find the amount in his recipe to be about perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                    When I was growing up, my Dad and Grandpa would season our pan sausage with the mindset "you can't have too much sage." Then proceed to cover the pile of ground sausage with a whole blanket of sage. So that's how I grew up eating pan sausage.

Once I grew up, I realized that you can, if fact, have too much sage. I actually find the amount in his recipe to be about perfect.
                    I've never really used sage prior to his pan sausage recipe, so it could be i'm just not a sage fan... His other recipes are pretty dang solid so I wouldn't doubt if that pan sausage is as well for most folks.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                      X