Stuffed jalapenos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed jalapenos

Bought one of them racks to hold the peppers on the grill or oven. All you master chefs, what do you stuff em with and how do ya cook them. Thanks

This is birdhunters recipe. I hope I remember everything.

1 bag (2 cups) grated cheese
    1 block cream cheese
    Tabasco
    bacon
    jalapenos

fry bacon til crisp. drain grease and crumble bacon.
    add bacon and cream cheese to bag of grated cheese.
    add Tabasco to taste.
    mix until all ingredients are combined

cut tops of peppers off and remove seeds and vain from inside of pepper.
    fill peppers w/ cheese mixture.
    place top of pepper back on top and secure w/ toothpicks.
    place peppers on pepper holder upper and set inside grill about 5 minutes.
    If you wrap w/ bacon, cook til bacon is done.

Birdhunter made these on our Thompson Temple hunt and they were awesome! I have made these several times since then. They are GOOD!!
    (sometimes I like to add the small canned shrimp to this)
    Last edited by skeeter; 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

pretty much the same as skeeter except no tabasco and with pan sausage instead of bacon

Comment

The bacon method sounds delish......did I sound like Rachel Ray?

Comment

The barbeque joint here in town stuffs'em with chopped briskett, and cheese and wraps with bacon.

I've heard of chopping up a browned dove breast and stuffing in there with cream cheese, wrap with bacon, and grill.

Comment

You can stuff just about anything w/ cheese and wrap it w/ bacon and it'll taste good!!

Comment

Heres what we do, but I have no pics. We take medium sized shrimp and onion chunks and season them with seasoning of choice along with EVOO, for you Rachel Ray fans . So you have your shrimp, onion and don't forget the bacon in a bowl basking in flavor. Cut a V along the side of the jalapeno and remove whatever you want. Add one shrimp and a chank into the pepper and wrap in bacon. Loose the rack and just use the grill. Enjoy

Comment

Lordy.. I grilled 18 using cream cheese, chedar cheese and blue crab. wrapped with bacon. I only got to eat one. They disappeared like money. The one I got was very good

Comment

I fill mine with chrizo and cream cheese. The next batch will be with chrizo and pepper jack cheese.

Comment

The only advice I can give beside stuffing them with cream cheese and wrapping them with bacon is, make sure you take away all the veins and seeds out and wash them out thoroughly(sp). Otherwise you won't be able to eat 1.

Comment

When I brought 150 of them up to bownanza 2 years ago..we couldn't get the off the pit fast enough! Jap, stuffed with shrimp, wraped with bacon..when done shredded cheese tosed over them.....

Comment

boudin is good too.....

Comment

Marinated chicken breast, wrapped in bacon.
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I take spray butter squirt it inside sprinkle your favorite seasoning in stuff with cube cheese wrap the pepper in tenderized deer meat that has been marinating then wrap the whole thing in honey maple bacon.

Comment

How about this way.....remove core, (seeds) and stuff with lump crab meat and cheese, (chedder), wrap with bacon, (secure bacon with tooth pick), wet the outside with water and then roll in seasoned cornmeal, deep fry until brown...

Comment

Working...
                              X