Jimmy Dean's pure pork sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Dean's pure pork sausage

or at least Woody's version of it. This eveing, I fixed the absolute best pan sausage i have ever made, or have ever tasted. I made 2 batches. The first was a 15 pound sample batch of LEM Backwoods Maple Sausage flavored pan sausage. I used 7 lbs of venison, 4 pounds of pork butt and 4 pounds of pork trimmings {you can buy at the grocery store, it is the trim from pork butt,picnics etc and is mainly fat}. This is a sweet flavored sausage and I added a few table spoons of black pepper to the ground meat because i love pepper. My family loved this one. I also made what i think is my best to date. I made 25 lbs of pan sausage using A.C. Legg's Old Plantation Pork Sausage Seasoning {say's "bag #25 correctly seasons 25lbs of meats"} and it comes in a yellow pouch. I mixed it 12 lbs venison, 8 lbs of pork butt and 4 lbs of pork trimmings. This tastes exactly like Jimmy Deans pure pork sausage and i will bet he uses Legg seasonings in his factory. My whole house smells like the sausage {I cooked several patty's for us to try} and it is so awesome. You have to try this, all you need is a meat grinder and some plastic wrap. Woody

Where did you buy the AC Legg seasoning?

Comment

I bought it at a little meat market on the west end of Llano last year. However, AC Legg has dealers all over. They have a website, you can contact them for the dealers in your area and some will surely even send mail order. Good luck. Woody

Comment

Sounds delicious! I'll try it. My mother-in-law bought me a meat grinder and I'm just looking for new things to do. Thanks man!

Comment

Jimmy Dean is not using AC LEGG. glad to see your pan sausage came out good. nothing like good ol vension pork pan sausage burgers!

Comment

Working...
          X