Middle ground with anti hunters is a myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
    At the same time though, the locavore movement has turned many mellinials (sp?) on to butchering their own meet and even hunting for their own food. I'm worried about these groups. But very few people will sustain a vegan lifestyle for long. We tend to assume current trends will continue...hunter numbers will dwindle to zero, population will continue to increase at current rates, oil reserves will continue to grow more scarce. I used to be very pessimistic about our future. Not as much with regards to these people anymore. I'm more worried about access than clueless supermodels. Forty years ago the elite were convinced that we would be run over by communism until Ronald Reagan convinced us we could spend them into oblivion. We did just that. Peta will win some battles but if we believe our conservation model is the best, we need to have the courage of our convictions to believe that the results of any disruptions in that model we be quickly evident. Just ask a suburban housewife who planted $200 in pansies what she thinks about the local deer population. Vegan theories are like many of the other "progressive" theories, they sound great until they are put into practice. I like the Shapiro method of dealing with these people, when they call you a racist, or in this case an animal murderer, don't try to defend your position, just say " no, but I would like to explore just what right you think you have to act like an *****hole."
    Well thought out with salient points and articulated. I definitely fall on that side of the fence. All studies clearly show that 70-80% dont care either way, rural, suburban or urban. Heck, I have far more urban dwellers asking for venison than any other group. Our SCI chapter feeds approximately 320 men each year (7 yrs running) pre-Christmas at the "Star of Hope" homeless shelter. We have been informed that it is the most welcomed meal event outside of the traditional holiday meals served. If we begin to accept that the anti's noise has merit lets just call it quits once this season ends?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X