Camp Bullis Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Bullis Questions

First off, sorry if these questions have been asked/answered many times. Wasn't able to find an answer.

I'm wanting to make the switch from gun hunting to bow hunting (recurve) and I need a good place to practice shooting to build up skills/abilities. I dont want to have to travel a hundred miles if I can get away with in (I live in San Antonio). I've heard that Camp Bullis has a 3D range once a month, so that seems like a good option.

(question #1) Do I have to be in the military to use this facility?

(question #2) I don't care about competition (especially when starting out) and is that going to be a problem (i.e., do I have to enter a tournament to practice)?

Thanks guys/gals
    -AC

Phone:

Main: 210-295-7577/7529
    Monday & Friday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.

Sportsman's Range

Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

They have changed a few things up lately so I would call

Comment

camp bullis

Originally posted by busatti View Post
      First off, sorry if these questions have been asked/answered many times. Wasn't able to find an answer.
      I'm wanting to make the switch from gun hunting to bow hunting (recurve) and I need a good place to practice shooting to build up skills/abilities. I dont want to have to travel a hundred miles if I can get away with in (I live in San Antonio). I've heard that Camp Bullis has a 3D range once a month, so that seems like a good option.

(question #1) Do I have to be in the military to use this facility?

(question #2) I don't care about competition (especially when starting out) and is that going to be a problem (i.e., do I have to enter a tournament to practice)?

Thanks guys/gals
      -AC
      Hey you do not need to be in the military. You must bring a valid id to passed the gate. They are shooting this weekened. Last year was 15 dollers competition and 10 dollers for practice. Its an ok shoot for being local.

Comment

If you need any other info just let me know. This is an awesome site for info, but most of these guys are North Texas ASA shooters the dont know anything yet about South Texas. LOL Although with the new additions of are new South Texas ASA reps. The South Will Rise Again.

Comment

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the responses. I won't make it out this weekend but I hope to come regularly in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X