No announcement yet.

Opinions on best semi auto shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A would go with a beretta a400 if I was in the market. I currently primarily shoot my benelli vinci, and if I'm not shooting it I'm shooting my browning gold 10 gauge.

The vinci has several little things I dislike about it, but overall is a great gun. The gas guns are a little softer shooting than the inertia operated.

Comment

Beretta, the end

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
        Beretta, the end
        This. Gas systems wins in recoil over inertia all day

My 14 year old has started competing in sporting clays with a second hand A302 Beretta I got around 1987. I waterfowl hunted the marshes of matagorda with it till about 1994 when I got a 390. I finally had to replace a recoil spring in the 390 last year.
        Last edited by Quackerbox; 12-13-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
          Beretta, the end
          ^^^^
          Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            A would go with a beretta a400 if I was in the market. I currently primarily shoot my benelli vinci, and if I'm not shooting it I'm shooting my browning gold 10 gauge.

The vinci has several little things I dislike about it, but overall is a great gun. The gas guns are a little softer shooting than the inertia operated.

I miss my Gold 10

I have a Benelli M2. It fits me perfectly and points better than any other shotgun I’ve held. I checked out the SBE but it didn’t seem to fit as perfectly as the M2. Until I actually see a 3” fail me where a 3.5” would not have I will stick with the M2.

If I ever find another Gold 10 I will buy it just for fun

Comment

Deleted
              Last edited by texaspacker; 12-13-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Check the franchi affinity it's basically a cheaper benelli , the same inertia system 7 yr warranty, adjustable stock. I needed a gun to replace a worn out 390 and side by side to a benelli I couldn't see where a benelli was worth the extra. Time will tell !

Comment

My Gold Hunter has eaten everything I've ever fed it with a hiccup.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

After owning a Beretta A400 I would not spend good money on a different shotgun. Best I have ever owned.......Period.

Comment

Benelli. I have an M1 that has over 30k through it and no issue at all. I have broken it down once for a deep cleaning and thats it. It will eat up light loads without any issue. SBEII is another great choice as well.

Comment

Been shooting a Beretta Xtrema 2 for some time now, love it for everything. Before that I had a Benelli M1 and a Benelli SBE...both great semi autos. The Xtrema 2 just points "right" for me so I hit better with it which is why I have stuck with it. Good luck, chasing down that "perfect" shotgun can be fun but expensive!!!

Comment

Benelli M2... great gun

Comment

Another vote for the A400!

Comment

Benelli for me. The Beretta will have less recoil due to the gas system but also more to break.

Comment

Another vote for the Benelli here. Don't overlook the Montefeltro. I have an M2 and a Montefeltro and I enjoy both equally. I would say I shoot the Montefeltro slightly better but my M2 is synthetic so I tend to take it more for dove hunting with the sweat, beer, etc factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X