Hog Hunt near Carthage, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have information on a Tx. Bowhunter poster that has hog hunts near Carthage, Tx. handle-squiggy (Name Lenny). Lives Franklin, Tx.

I've been in e-mail contact & thinking about trying to go to his place mid March or so with a few of my bowhunting friends. Any information apprecieated.

Lenny and his brother are both great guys. I went out last july and seen a ton of hogs. It is primitave camping. I would be going out there again this year, but work has other plans for me. Not sure what kind of info you are looking for, but I would defiantly recommend going, it is well worth it.
    t

Comment

A buddy and me took our kids on a hunt there last year during youth season, I only saw 2 does and no hogs all weekend. My buddy's son killed a hog out of the only group they saw.

Comment

1 good report & 1 okay. Anyone else.
        It's just that if we decide to go it's about 18 hours away for us. I've been on enough hunts to know how it can go. The primitive camping has been my way for over 50 years so not a problem. Thanks fellas. Anyone else???

Comment

I can help you out. A group of 4 of us went last April. I didn't hunt but one of the two evenings we were there. Out of the 4 of us 2 of us got hogs.

Here is a link to our "live hunt" on page 2 is Kellyg and me with our hogs.

I have a group booked to go back there March 1st. If it wasn't a good place I would not be going back.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions shoot me a PM

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Thanks all. I've been in touch & now it's trying to get the fellas who "said" they would go to commit..

Comment

I've lived near Carthage my whole life. Tell me the area, Deadwood, Gary, Teneha, whatever, it's in and I can tell you about it. I'm sure it is low fence.

Regardless, PM me if you go. Don't worry about camping. I have an extra lake house on Murvaul yall can stay in on me.

Just holla.

Comment

ETXbow-thanks so much for the offer. If we get something going I will PM you. Again, thanks so much.

Comment

I just booked a trip there, one of my guys is coming from New York to hopefully shoot his first hog

Comment

Keep us posted & good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post
                        Anyone have information on a Tx. Bowhunter poster that has hog hunts near Carthage, Tx. handle-squiggy (Name Lenny). Lives Franklin, Tx.
                        I have heard of him. Heard he's a ugly ole fart but his wife is smokin HOT!!!

Tell your guys, if they want to come, it's gonna have to be in May now. Feb, March, and April are full.

Comment

None better to hunt with than this guy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post

I've been in e-mail contact & thinking about trying to go to his place mid March or so with a few of my bowhunting friends. Any information apprecieated.
                            good people right there!!!!!

Comment

Sqiggy-thank you for all your help. I have you in my file not to be forgotten. Again, thanks & sorry my guys bummed out on me..

Comment

Working...
                              X