Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you thought the Florida tragedy couldn’t get worse!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you thought the Florida tragedy couldn’t get worse!!

WTH?!?! I asked yesterday what could be done to change shootings like this. The overwhelming answer keeps coming back to “do your job!”
    Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 02-24-2018, 05:20 AM.

Yep, basically the only reason there was ever a Florida shooting is because law enforcement failed.
    The only reason there were 17 dead is because law enforcement failed.
    Guns bad, NRA bad, Trump bad, 2nd amendment bad is all we hear.

Comment

Sounds simple but if the FBI arrested everyone that someone called in on we would all be in jail.

Comment

Yeah, I was speechless when I heard this one.

Tough to follow up on all of them, but how much was done if anything at all?

Comment

I keep hearing the FBI failed and is at the root of the problem there. It is not the FBIs job to check on folks like that shooter. The Broward SO had all the intel and experience with him to do something. And didn't. Then when the SHTF they failed miserably AGAIN. This falls directly on Broward SOs head from the Sheriff all the way to the bottom.

Comment

I agree the SO seems to have crapped the bed. Understand guys there are people out there that LE have intel on and feel like are going to snap. Until legislation changes there is sometimes not alit that can be done. As far as what transpired on scene I have nothing

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              I keep hearing the FBI failed and is at the root of the problem there. It is not the FBIs job to check on folks like that shooter. The Broward SO had all the intel and experience with him to do something. And didn't. Then when the SHTF they failed miserably AGAIN. This falls directly on Broward SOs head from the Sheriff all the way to the bottom.
              Then get rid of the FBI hot line. At the very least the hot line in WV should of sent the call down to Miami field office and let them drop the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                Then get rid of the FBI hot line. At the very least the hot line in WV should of sent the call down to Miami field office and let them drop the ball.
                Yes sir
                They have a tip line, they received a tip specifically mentioning shooting up a school, they did nothing at all with that tip and yet they are supposed to have no culpability in this shooting

Comment

Thread by @TheLastRefuge2: "1. Watch this video. People don't understand how Broward County School Sheriff Officers operate. I'll explain. 2.months in 2012, 2013 and 2014 investigating Broward and Miami-Dade school policies and how those policies tra […]"

This may give you a better understanding of what was happening between the SO and the school district in the years leading up to the shooting.

Comment

Have any of the folks bashing law enforcement for not doing anything ever read the laws concerning mental health? It is a very narrow window when LEO can actually detain someone. Unless someone is doing something right then, you can’t do a whole lot.

Comment

Was watching LivePD last night and they showed a guy they had a run in with the week before. He called 911 to get the police to show up and told them to “do their f$&?@!$ job” because they next county over (Broward) dropped the ball then wanted the cops to shoot him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And some people actually would prefer to put the safety of their families in the hands of our government, whose politicization, corruptness and ineptitude is continually revealed at every level of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity Outfitters View Post
                          And some people actually would prefer to put the safety of their families in the hands of our government, whose politicization, corruptness and ineptitude is continually revealed at every level of government.
                          Makes no sense does it, yet most people are oblivious to how much danger there is right outside their doors each and every day. Most of them think nothing will happen to them. Probably most people that have had bad things happen thought the very same thing.

I carried way before it was legal to do so, because of the places I went and the hours I kept. Since about my mid-twenties I've provided for my own physical well being, and never depended on law enforcement, because, all due respect, they are mostly a clean up crew with very little prevention of crime. This wasn't always true, but it gets truer every day because the liberals like to hamstring law enforcement as well as the military. It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                            Have any of the folks bashing law enforcement for not doing anything ever read the laws concerning mental health? It is a very narrow window when LEO can actually detain someone. Unless someone is doing something right then, you can’t do a whole lot.

If the agencies in this case absolutely failed the community. Cruz should have been involuntarily committed for mental health evaluation then reported. Preventing the passing of a back ground check.
                            Broward county has failed this community on many occasions as did many other law enforcement and mental health agencies
                            Last edited by flywise; 02-24-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

the FBI didn't fail?

how about that FBI database for background checks? how about the sutherland springs shooter with a bad conduct discharge and charges for spousal abuse? How about the san bernardino shooters that were covered in red flags? How about the FBI openly admitting they made a mistake allowing dylan roof to purchase a handgun legally? I get it that they may still likely find a way to get a gun illegally, but this problem doesn't have a single answer, they need to be hitting from all angles.

This story just came out a few days ago... better late than never? https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/us/gu...nvs/index.html

there is an enormous failure at the federal level, in addition to the local sheriff's office here. how in the hell does a guy that has the cops called on him almost 40 times not get anything to stick?
                              Last edited by kyle1974; 02-24-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X