Jury duty instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jury duty instructions?

First timer here. I received a summons letter for federal district court with a date of 2/20/2017. I checked my instructions online and found the info in the screenshot below. Called the number and got the same verbiage as below, with the exception of “February 19” instead of “00 19.”

My letter says nothing about the 19th. Am I supposed to report on the 20th and call in again that night? Or not report and just wait for further instructions on the night of the 20th?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

You're supposed to check again after 6:00 pm on Tuesday, February 20.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      You're supposed to check again after 6:00 pm on Tuesday, February 20.
      ^ what he said

Comment

The “on call for more than one day” and “next reporting date” lines are throwing me off. Like I’m expected to show up on the 20th...?

Comment

1. "Federal jurors are on call for more than one day." They may request your presence on more than one occasion for a specified period of time.

2. "You are not requested to appear on Feb. 19." You don't have to show up on Monday.

3. "Please check again after 6:00 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 20 for further instructions." Please check again after 6:00 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 20 for further instructions. Don't do anything until 6:01 pm on Tuesday.

Comment

They are usually pretty good about making sure you know when you are supposed to report....just call and check your email and you should be fine.

Comment

I wonder if this is for a grand jury. Did you get selected already or is the vetting process?

Comment

You done messed up, A-A Ron.

Now they know you got the letter......should have just ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I wonder if this is for a grand jury. Did you get selected already or is the vetting process?
                  I have never been summoned for jury duty before. I guess it’s the vetting process. The court date on my letter was 2/20/18 and said to check online/call in on the Friday before. I don’t know where the 19th came from...

Thanks yall.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    You done messed up, A-A Ron.

Now they know you got the letter......should have just ignored it.
                    If I do have to go, I’ll walk in and say, “pre-zent.”

Comment

Tomorrow, Johnson County, I have to call in after 5pm to see if I need to show for duty Tuesday morning. I've never been in this county, wife has several times, but never had to appear.

Comment

Working...
                      X