Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-30-2018, 09:57 PM   #201
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

And Playa nailed it. We want to buy cheap and make high wages. The two aren't gonna work together.
That's why illegal immigrants have such a big part in many labor pools because they work at an affordable wage and unfortunately aren't always covered by workers comp, given the benefit of OSHA regulations and labor standards regulations. At some point people have to realize the more we make the more it costs for the product we make.

The environmental crud holding up coal, oil and gas production by the previous POTUS hurt our economic position. The removal of those has helped. But we have a long way to go. Just signing away a few of the previous guys venomous interference tactics won't fix it all. He'll need to win over some folks. Hard to do that when you are exchanging name calling and taking jabs at each other.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #202
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I agree.

But you can't take an oat fed mule out of the barn, and expect him to pull the plow if he aint ever pulled a plow. He'll just stand there and bray. You gotta show him that he has to pull the plow before he gets fed...and there may be some hay, and nights in the pasture, before he gets oats in the barn again......and none of it happens unless he pulls that plow. And he aint gonna figure it out unless you drag his sorry *** to the far end of the field and make him plow back to the barn, then give him a hand full of oats and drag him back to the far end of the field again....

Nothing changes people, or mules...over night.
Excellent analogy.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #203
DarrellS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties

Pretty well sums it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #204
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
LoL
Black guys in the ghetto didn't wake up one day and learn to make crack.
LoL
And how many black guys in the ghetto you think can organize tons of cocaine to be flown from South America to south Dallas?

The US govt brought crack to America and flooded the streets with it.

Pretty sure crack has always been made in the ghetto, not smuggled in.
Itíd be really dumb to smuggle twice the weight for half the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #205
Texifornia
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills Co.

Joe Kennedy lll speech was not impressive to me but they gave him props on Fox
Texifornia is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:10 PM   #206
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
Pretty sure crack has always been made in the ghetto, not smuggled in.
Itíd be really dumb to smuggle twice the weight for half the product.

His point is the narcotic in crack didnít arrive in Dallas accidentally. But I do find it ironic that he thinks an idiot in S Dallas canít derive a million dollar drug biz without the help of the govt, but the govt can somehow educate him on running and maintaining it.

We too often underestimate the intelligence of the criminal element of their ability to apply sound principals to their nefarious schemes
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #207
ldoyle
Eight Point

Hunt In: SW Colorado , Utopia Texas , Leaky Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal View Post
I can't stand Nancy Pelosi
Who can !
ldoyle is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #208
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoyle View Post
Who can !
The idiots that keep voting her back in... I don't understand the voting public at all??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #209
CoolArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr county

Americans are dreamers to! Awesome speech. Great speech and job. Go Trump!
CoolArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #210
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
His point is the narcotic in crack didnít arrive in Dallas accidentally. But I do find it ironic that he thinks an idiot in S Dallas canít derive a million dollar drug biz without the help of the govt, but the govt can somehow educate him on running and maintaining it.

We too often underestimate the intelligence of the criminal element of their ability to apply sound principals to their nefarious schemes

I know what his point was
Just didnít do very well making it.

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #211
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
The idiots that keep voting her back in... I don't understand the voting public at all??
Look at where she represents. Those people are the classic bleeding heart liberal base.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 PM   #212
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Best comment I've seen tonight.

Lol

Quote:
@EdBigCon
Joe Kennedy III was drooling so much you could have crashed a car in it and drowned! #DemocraticResponse
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #213
NBK75
Ten Point

Hunt In: Guadalupe

Great speech, I’m glad I watched it! Now wait until tomorrow when they release the Nunes memo
NBK75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 11:03 PM   #214
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
No argument here. I worked with landscapers for 10 yrs who at the height of unemployment (2009-2012) couldnt hire labor skilled enough to run a lawnmower or weed eater because potential candidates could sit at home and collect unemployment benefits and welfare for equal to working wages.
I heard someone say one time "without the idea of hell, certain people would never strive to get to heaven."

We've....rather "they've" created a situation where there is no hell.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 11:37 PM   #215
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX

Except a copy of smaller points I thought it was spot-on.
As a man I’ve made it clear I don’t hold him in high regard but he is doing a good job. If he can keep it up and not act like a petulant middle schooler I might even start to like him as a man.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #216
Thumper
Pope & Young

Trump just hit a grand slam into the upper deck, best SOU speech in history! And the Democrats couldn't respond, they know they're DOA for the mid-term elections.

"Joe Kennedy giving his nonsensical rebuttal in Fall River MA....."....bobble head..
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 11:48 PM   #217
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Side note: Trump said “great” only 27 times. I know because I counted and between the misses and me there is still a half a 750ml of Knobb Creek left.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:10 AM   #218
Buck Shot
Six Point

Hunt In: Freestone County

Great speech. The Prez nailed it. Making America Great Again!
Buck Shot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 12:12 AM   #219
steven
Eight Point

Hunt In: Rusk Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyart View Post
Side note: Trump said ďgreatĒ only 27 times. I know because I counted and between the misses and me there is still a half a 750ml of Knobb Creek left.
I took a shot for every time since Trump took office that the S&P has hit a record high. Just kidding, I'd be dead.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 06:53 AM   #220
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
I took a shot for every time since Trump took office that the S&P has hit a record high. Just kidding, I'd be dead.
we did "small sips, not "shots"
Old 01-31-2018, 07:05 AM   #221
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Quote:
No one wants to work for it....it all starts with work. We've become an overly-educated yet under-intelligent nation who thinks we're entitled to something because dad worked and earned it and sent us to college. Not to mention the multi generational welfare issue starving us of a labor force.
Bingo, you hit it right on the head Dale!
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 07:23 AM   #222
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Trump once was a baseball player and scouted by two pro teams. And last night he proved it with another grand slam.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 07:37 AM   #223
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
LoL
This is standard
GOP would yell at Obama
Never stand or clap for things he said
It's the same
Not the same thing at all. You are one troll that just won't go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Iím watching ABC they are complaining that his speech was racist .... you canít make this kind of stuff up
Because they're talking to the people that didn't even watch Trump. So they want to keep them from watching Trump. Have to keep him the big bad racist boogie man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Viejo View Post
How refreshing! I'd say he did an excellent job. I can't wait to see the dems look even more like fools when they try to respond.
Don't worry they will pull a bunch of crap out of their rears.

Quote:
It didn't get this way overnight, and it won't get fixed overnight, so try to be realistic.....

If you don't like this part, and you didn't like the last 8...you are REALLY gonna hate the 4 after Trump.
LOL As long as Trump stays in for 8 years! Every day he's in office improves the odds liberals heads will explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Another F'ing Kennedy ... What an idiot. He's fixing to cry. This rebuttable is laughable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I can't believe the drivel I am hearing coming from the lib response...typical Kennedy caca to the core!!

Garbage!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
He's even speaking Spanish and talking to the BLM folks now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Well we just heard the Democratic puppet boy and he just endorsed illegals and how illegal dreamers deserve the same as American Dreamers. Illegals across the world especially south of the border are cheering
You guys are better than I. I couldn't watch that junk. I'd rather watch the Bachelor

Quote:
I agree.

But you can't take an oat fed mule out of the barn, and expect him to pull the plow if he aint ever pulled a plow. He'll just stand there and bray. You gotta show him that he has to pull the plow before he gets fed...and there may be some hay, and nights in the pasture, before he gets oats in the barn again......and none of it happens unless he pulls that plow. And he aint gonna figure it out unless you drag his sorry *** to the far end of the field and make him plow back to the barn, then give him a hand full of oats and drag him back to the far end of the field again....

Dude, stop already. You're preaching to the choir. Almost all of us here have been saying welfare needs to be limited for years. Trump can't just stop it all at once.

It's my hope he secretly is setting up to stop it all (or most of it) and as soon as he's elected for term #2 he cuts it. Man that would be awesome. Force people back into working for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
LOL
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 07:56 AM   #224
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Quote:
I agree.

Just read this to my wife in my best country hick voice.
We laughed and laughed.....
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #225
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC

I am so tired of folks going on about the rich don't pay taxes...if they aren't paying taxes it is because they can afford a good tax attorney that can use the US tax code to their clients benefit to use every loophole in it. Our elected officials need to quit whining about it and go to a flat tax for everyone with no loopholes. That way the folks that are getting back money from the government without actually paying anything in have skin in the game and the rich will continue to pay the biggest part of government tax income like they are now.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #226
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Yeah but that's all it is. A sales speech. Obama care is still destroying our health care system no matter what way he tries to twist that so called "win". He couldn't even sell that to the Republican party. The new tax plan helps some but one thing it really helps is the top tier. Sure they threw a bone on the child credit. But rich people just saved 40% off the top. How many jobs will it take to make up that tax deficit? I'm pretty sure that a couple of car plants run mostly by robotics won't make that up. Hope I'm wrong but it sounds like a wealthy man just passed his pockets.

I do payroll for my company and the new tax table I just downloaded is going to help everyone of my employees by 20%, thatís not a bone, thatís real money. And ya the upper tier of money earners get a huge tax break and thatís a great thing because they pay most of the taxes! So now instead of giving it to the government there going to Spend and create jobs, I never got a job from a poor person. And ya a few car plants run by robots is going to help, people still have to run those robots and the people who are going to construct that plant are also going to get jobs.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #227
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

"Americans are dreamers too"
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #228
Clay C
Ten Point

Guys i was anti-Trump during the primaries. I was not so nice to a lot of you on here that supported him from that point and I apologize for that. The general election for me was a "he's better than the alternative" line of thinking. From his acceptance speech forward, I was proven to be wrong. He was and is the right man for the job. Last nights speech was fantastic. It is an incredible feeling to have a POTUS that actually speaks to the people he was elected to represent, and not at them. If you can honestly listen to last nights speech as an American and say you didn't care for it, you should probably move somewhere else.

Say what you want about him being rude, crass, whatever, the man has been working to do what he said he would. All the while having poo and obstacles flung at him from every single direction. Don't get distracted by the media and people on this forum who try and deflect with pettiness (heck some are already trying to derail this thread). Keep an eye on the big picture.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #229
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Some here will find a problem with that. It was the best line I've heard from any politician in a long time. So nice to have a POTUS who cares about Americans.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #230
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Guys i was anti-Trump during the primaries. I was not so nice to a lot of you on here that supported him from that point and I apologize for that. The general election for me was a "he's better than the alternative" line of thinking. From his acceptance speech forward, I was proven to be wrong. He was and is the right man for the job. Last nights speech was fantastic. It is an incredible feeling to have a POTUS that actually speaks to the people he was elected to represent, and not at them. If you can honestly listen to last nights speech as an American and say you didn't care for it, you should probably move somewhere else.

Say what you want about him being rude, crass, whatever, the man has been working to do what he said he would. All the while having poo and obstacles flung at him from every single direction. Don't get distracted by the media and people on this forum who try and deflect with pettiness (heck some are already trying to derail this thread). Keep an eye on the big picture.

I too was pretty much in the same boat as you throughout the election process. Now I'm glad he was the one who was eventually elected
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #231
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Got goose bumps.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #232
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:

miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #233
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:

Clay, well said and it describes me too!

It was so nice to have our nation's leader give an hour and 20 minute speech and not offer up one single apology for who we are and how we came to be the greatest nation on earth...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #234
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I am not a huge fan of Trumps tweets, even though every now and again he hits one absolutely out of the park.

For me, no matter how off color and offensive his tweets may be. He will never be able to reach the insanity of his predecessor.
Attached Images

batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #235
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

If he went and played golf the next 3 years I'd still vote for him.

If anyone I know does not vote for him next election I will slap them in the face, kick em in the balls, and tell them they better not ever be near me again

Go Trump!
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #236
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

There were a couple time during the SOTU that I wanted POTUS to look at the miserable people sitting down scowling and say something like, "And if you're not proud of your country, and you don't have respect for homicide victims, and you're not glad that your constituents have more of their tax dollars back in their pockets, and you don't want to improve infrastructure, and you don't want to keep illegals out of our country, and you don't want to stop supporting countries that hate us...then why are you in office? What would make you happy? Maybe you should step down and go find a country that is more in line with your beliefs.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:28 AM   #237
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There were a couple time during the SOTU that I wanted POTUS to look at the miserable people sitting down scowling and say something like, "And if you're not proud of your country, and you don't have respect for homicide victims, and you're not glad that your constituents have more of their tax dollars back in their pockets, and you don't want to improve infrastructure, and you don't want to keep illegals out of our country, and you don't want to stop supporting countries that hate us...then why are you in office? What would make you happy? Maybe you should step down and go find a country that is more in line with your beliefs.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #238
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

They don't care one bit about those dreamers. They just want their votes. I just cant see how everyone doesn't see that
Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #239
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
That would be so awesome!!!
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #240
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
That would have been check mate!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #241
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 7 View Post
They don't care one bit about those dreamers. They just want their votes. I just cant see how everyone doesn't see that

They have literally been admitting that on national television. People don't care because racism and stuff.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:00 AM   #242
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Chew for President in 2024!! ...well maybe Sheriff of Liberty County in 2020...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #243
bowsticker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas: Kinney County and Schleicher County. Louisiana: LaSalle Parish

Americans are Dreamers also....

Mic drop!!
bowsticker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #244
Clay C
Ten Point

You can't make this stuff up. People are upset because he said America too many times, in a speech that is about the current state of America.

That is the opposition folks.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #245
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:

I would like to steal this with your permission and credit given.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #246
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Attached Images

Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #247
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
You can't make this stuff up. People are upset because he said America too many times, in a speech that is about the current state of America.

That is the opposition folks.
Good Lord that is ludicrous. Who would have the gall to even say that?
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #248
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Reading this thread it's funny how people don't like Donald Trump tweets. They think that if he would converse in a friendlier way that he could somehow bring them over to his way of thinking. Well if you look at the elections he won a lot of Democratic states, states that voted Democrat for the last 30 years. What is winning people over is getting out there and fighting back and not taking crap from the Democrats. In fact the giving it back as good as he is getting it from the Democrats tells people he is playing to win and he IS getting the job done. You don't like his language you don't like his tactics that's fine but you can't deny that it is producing results that are good for America.
By the way those that didn't vote really don't have any place to gripe imo.
You had a chance to cast your vote and you chose to be silent instead.
Taking it to the Democrats and being in your face so to speak is a winning formula.
The very fact that Trump is in office proves that.
Anyone can point out the negatives about Trump but there are a hell of a lot more positives than negatives.
I thought the speech was great and I am so thankful it was him up there to give that speech instead of Hillary.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #249
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Good Lord that is ludicrous. Who would have the gall to even say that?
Why, the ACLU of course. They claim the word being used by him is "divisive" and "exclusionary" .

Plus some POS congressman got up and walked out when the USA chant started.

They are Anti-Trump, but eve more so, Anti-American
Old 01-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #250
Playa
Pope & Young

Pelosi responds to ďAmericans are dreamers too,Ē with ďDreamers are Americans tooĒ...

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...htmlstory.html

Uhh no Madame, they ainít! In fact they are by definition NOT Americans