Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what range is your 5.56 AR-15 zeroed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what range is your 5.56 AR-15 zeroed?

I just put a scope on my Ruger AR556, and I’m curious how y’all sight-in your AR-15s. First I zeroed the gun at 50 yards, but that put me 2” low at 25 and 2.5” high at 100. Is that much arch normal, or do I need to try some different ammunition/bullet weights? With the 50 yard zero, what should point of impact be at 150? 200?

Thanks for the info.

You talkin bout iron sights, scope or dot? I have my iron sights zeroed at 50 and my strike Eagle zeroed at 100. But here soon I’m gonna do some shooting at closer range to see what the impact is for both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nikon 3-9, for now.

Comment

What mount are you using? That has a lot to do with what you are having a problem with, actually probably most of the problem.

Comment

ARs have a tremendous amount of bore offset compared to other rifles, so you will just have to work out what is best for the shooting you do. Find a ballistic calculator and put in your info and keep adjusting the zero until the over/unders are where you want them then field test.

Comment

Bout an inch high @100yds wrks good for me, stuff drt at 50-200

Comment

Comment

Currently zeroed at 100. But I’m about to switch scopes and I think I’m going to follow this philosophy, http://www.shooterscalculator.com/po...00&sh=1.5&ts=4. That will put me at zero at 29 yds & 209 and 1.92” high at 100. Basically on, assuming a 4” Target (yote head or vitals) anywhere from zero to 240.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

The problem with this chart is the sight height, most ARs have about 2.5" over bore height and it does make a difference

Comment

36 yards
                      Check it out. Works great with 55gr bullets out of a 16” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        The problem with this chart is the sight height, most ARs have about 2.5" over bore height and it does make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                          36 yards
                          Check it out. Works great with 55gr bullets out of a 16” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Roughly what does a 36 yard zero put your other zero at and what is point of impact at 100?

Comment

Source: https://robarguns.com/blog/2013/11/2...-has-it-right/

Comment

Thanks for the info, y’all. Mount is a Burris pepr quick-detach.

Comment

Working...
                              X