Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility Trailer 101

Friends,

I'm going to be picking up a new Kawasaki Mule Pro-FX here in a couple months for a deer lease. I'm new to the side by side market and have never owned a trailer.

What trailer recommendations (manufacturer, options, etc) would you recommend for this side by side? The Mule is 64" wide and 134" long, with a dry weight of nearly 1800 lbs.

I'm thinking of going with a 77" wide trailer that's 10' long. The ranch is well secured, so my plan is to simply leave the trailer/mule stored there.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

I'd go minimum of 12' long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
      I'd go minimum of 12' long.

Sorry...I meant to say I'd be looking at a 12' long min length.

Comment

If you want to be able to carry coolers and such too, go ahead and buy a 16' tandem.

Comment

If you want to be able to carry coolers and such too, go ahead and buy a 16' tandem.

Agree 100 percent. You will regret anything smaller, and having tandem gives you some (flat) security. I lost a tire recently. Used a ratchet strap to tie up the axle and drove home just fine for the repair.

Comment

I would minimum 12ft and dual axles. Just pull so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6x14'

Comment

If I were you in wouldn't even mess with something smaller than 16ft. You'll use the extra space you just don't realize it. Plus get led lights to avoid bulbs from shorting out on you on rough roads.

Comment

Great info....any particular brands you can recommend. Right now I'm leaning towards a a Ranch King.

Comment

Here's my 6'x12' almost too small
                    Attached Files

Comment

Big Tex trailers are nice.

Comment

16' is nice because you CAN put a jeep on it if need be. The main benefit of a single axle, at this time, is you don't have to get the silly thing inspected. Otherwise, go tandem axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                          Agree 100 percent. You will regret anything smaller, and having tandem gives you some (flat) security. I lost a tire recently. Used a ratchet strap to tie up the axle and drove home just fine for the repair.
                          X100. You will regret it if you don't buy a tandem trailor especially with a side by side.

Comment

If you are not going far or often then a 6 x 12 single axle is fine. If you are making long pulls regularly you want tandem and may as well go 16'.

When you figure out what you want shoot me a PM as my son would like to give you a quote. He just finished this 12' dual gate trailer as his 4-H project to show in Houston & San Antonio.

We painted it today so I can get you finished pics tomorrow

Comment

I haul a mule from Houston to South of Laredo....I have a 16' dual axle, pipe top, with electric brakes....for my use ,this is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X