New Zealand Hunt Bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand Hunt Bound

So I leave for the South Island of New Zealand tommorrow afternoon! I can't believe it's finally here. We r gonna b going after Red Stag and Tahr in the mountains! I'm beyond excited. This hunt is a hunt my buddy won in a raffle at last year's Dallas Safari Show. As a matter of fact he won 2 hunts(NZ & South Africa hunts). He is one lucky guy to say the least!!
    A little background. Justin(super lucky friend). Got married and like many of us didn't have a bunch of money to have a really big honeymoon. So he and his wife made a plan to take a ten yr anniversary trip to where else but NZ. They even had a savings account named NZ account. He tells me this story one day over breakfast, he talks about going hunting and sight seeing. I'm all about hunting so I ask him what he thought if my wife and I tagged along? The girls could do some sight seeing while we hunted together. He said they'd love the company and we started making plans towards that.
    Fast forward a couple of months to DSC show. Five of us head out to ck out this show, we were all newbies except for Beetleguy. We ck out the show for a few hours and towards the end Justin enters theses raffles and well I guess something's are just meant to be! Well after a couple of weeks they email the details of hunts to Justin and he proceeds to tell me, hey we r going! Wow!! I'm blown away by his generosity! Now originally the hunt consisted of 1 hunter 1 guest. 1red stag(up to 360)&1chocolate fallow. And since Justin's wife isn't a hunter and I'm not interested in flying all the way across the world for a chocolate fallow. We ask if we can trade out for a Red Stag. Outfitter says ok w/ a little money on my part I'll b going after one up to 330! We also added on to hunt a Tahr.
    So I fly out tommorrow afternoon with my wife. Justin and his wife flew out a week early to sight see on both islands. I don't know about live hunt, but I'll try my best if not a definite recap.

Awesome, hope you both connect on a big one, would love to be on a hunt like this!

Comment

I better be the 1st to get pics!!!! I can't wait for the story, living through you this week!!!!!

Comment

Beautiful Island! You will enjoy for sure!

Where will you be staying?

Comment

Tagged for updates

Good luck!!!

Comment

Good luck!!!!

Comment

following closely.. I will be contacting you upon your return. I leave May15th for 11 days over there for my hunt.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Beetleguy, u know it. Wish u were headed with us.
                Burnadell- we r staying near Greymouth and hunting with Wilderness Quest NZ.
                JMH- absolutely, b glad to share any knowledge I gain.

Comment

Good luck and have a great time.

Comment

Awesome. Good luck and can't wait to see ldp's

Comment

As I mentioned Justin is already there sightseeing with his wife. They did have a heck of a time unfortunately getting there. This is him dealing with Australian police or customs.This is him explaining why he is even in Australia to begin with. Lol!
                      Well they finally made it & seem to b having a great time. They had several destinations in mind. A few of them are Mt.Cook,Milford Sound,seeing some glaciers, etc. here are just a few of the pics they've managed to send me along the way.[URL=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/ea2983/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/5FB5D994-A37B-4106-94DA-60667F0AA3C9.png.html][/URL going up to the mountains in a cable car.[URL=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/ea2983/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/00618D98-0502-49A3-BBCC-396B24B03D51.png.html][/URL going across a beautiful lake in train.[URL=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/ea2983/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/E5B52726-092B-42FE-A1FA-1FE3B18EAD12.jpg.html][/URL doing some trout fishing.flying by the coast and landing on a snow capped mountain.
                      Enjoying a great meal!

Comment

Thx for sharing brother

Living vicariously thru your hunt and groceries pixels

Comment

Awesome man! Tagged along!

Comment

Man I'm jealous! Have fun!

Comment

Pre boarding meal n drink w/the misses at DFW. Headed to LAX, then flight to Auckland, then another to Christchurch & finally a 4 hr. road trip to outside of Greymouth. No sweat! Lol here we go, update when possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X