Galveston Fishing Reports and beach tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    If you go there, please be careful close to the jetty rocks along the wall. The current rips pretty good there.
    So that area isn't a spot for kids to play in the water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not bad, but there's a jetty wall and the current can be really bad close to the wall. If you stay a couple hundred yards away it's fine. The water is still pretty chilly also.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        It's not bad, but there's a jetty wall and the current can be really bad close to the wall. If you stay a couple hundred yards away it's fine. The water is still pretty chilly also.
        Oh ok. Gotcha. Yeah, kids are smaller, so they won't be doing much other than splashing on the edge and playing in the sand.

Comment

So we have decided to take the kayaks.

Plan to surf fish around surfside while kids play. Will try fish bites and gulp, and then hopefully catch some small whiting to throw for big reds.

Kayak fishing will look at launching into lake como and next to sea isle to fish the edges of channels.

Would like to fish diversion and go near harborwalk but seems like too long of a paddle.

As said before, we will post a live thread!

Can't wait!

Comment

Almost go time!! Cant wait! Hoping for good weather. Anybody fished surf lately?

Comment

This weather makes me want to, but gonna wait a bit. Waters gotta get a bit warmer for the surf I'd imagine.

Comment

I dont think much is gonna be happening on the surf if the forcast is right. Calling for 15 -20+ east winds. Gonna be rough and the east wind will make it feel colder than it is more than likely. Good luck and yall be safe and have fun!

Comment

Mo gooda luq to yall Flex.

Comment

Hoping the wind and rain doesn't end up being so bad. We'll see. Will make it difficult on the bay and surf.

Comment

Working...
                    X