No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to school with 2 of the guys from Blink 182. Met Oprah, Trump, Tiki Barber, played ball with Rod Smart (He Hate Me if XFL), Freddie Mitchell (Eagles) and a few others. I've met with Magic Johnson a couple times for work. Knew Dennis Rodman before he was crazy :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fun thread to read through and never really tried to remember back:

AJ Foyt
      Dan Pasterini
      Fred Couples
      John Daly
      Steve Ellington
      Presidents Bush
      Earl Campbell
      Tom Lasorda
      Biggie
      Pettit
      Bagwell
      Berkman
      Emmitt Smith
      Talbert
      Roger Clemens
      LeBron
      Chris Bosch(sp?)
      Dwayne Wade
      Hakeem
      McHale
      Detlef shremp
      Aaron Watson
      A few other basketball and football hall of famers can’t recall but got to serve with.
      Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 02-19-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
        I've ran into Oprah on a flight. Bad bad experience. Andy **** in Huntington beach. Kevin Costner and lewy Anderson in LA at the airport, they caused a huge scene. DL hugely and Cedric the entertainer on a flight back to Houston from tahoe. They were awesome super nice. Gave my family tickets to the kings of comedy tour in Houston. Tiny Tim in the Chicago o hare airport. Those are who I can think about now.

I've met a lot of famous people and she is the only person that has ever left me speechless. Ask Buckley99 that's rare! Lol

Comment

Larry Weishuhn while flying to Minnesota whitetail hunting. Great guy, friendly and shared a lot of hunting stories and information. Just a good old county boy for sure and George Strait at a private party after a Vegas show that an old college classmate filled in and played the drums for him in Vegas, Another good ole boy that made good.

Comment

Me and bowhica ran into Tom Miranda in South Africa...

Comment

Oh can’t forget these guys.

Hook’Em

Host of Final Pursuit TV.

Comment

I was having breakfast at ihop in Terrell a couple months ago and pudge Rodríguez came walking in. Shook my hand had a few word with each other and I left him alone. He ate his breakfast the next table over from me while his driver waited outside.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  grew up with a bunch of pro surfers but not sure anyone on TBH knows who they are
                  Mark Hunt a couple times, we have some mutual friends. Nice but pretty quiet guy
                  Met Dwayne Johnson one morning, super nice guy. I was having breakfast w/my 7yo nephew and he kept starting and The Rock invited us over to eat at his table. The guy can put down some eggs!
                  Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) awesome guy
                  Pat Green was a pretty big d bag when I met him but he was also blackout drunk
                  Jack Johnson used to come to my buddies house a lot. Her dad was an exec at Kodak so they had an amazing house in Malibu that all kinds of celebs would come through. Most were polite enough but didn't make much conversation
                  Jeremy Piven (sp) is a complete tool
                  Dustin Brown Drew Doughty from the LA Kings used to come drink with us a lot at my buddy's bar in LA. Met a couple of the guys that play for the Kings and all were fun.
                  Lyle Lovett was a good guy when we met him and chatted with us for a bit

My lab was a therapy dog and we worked him on a lot of shows and movies when I lived in Hermosa Beach. We met a lot of folks and most were good. Reese Witherspoon was the best one and I wish I would have proposed

Who are the surfers? I grew up surfing with Hobgoods, Slater, Machado, CT Taylor, too many to list. Surfed both coasts and contest with them.

Comment

Playboys Ms Feb. 1986 during a traffic stop, Linda Loveless same thing

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      The OP said famous people.

I've met Jhill313

And played Blackjack with Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds

Nerds...Nerds...Nerds!!

Comment

Roger Metzger
                        Jim Ray
                        George Forman
                        Mark White
                        Kevin Brady
                        Shake Russell
                        Kevin Black
                        Dave McMahon
                        Charlie Sheen
                        Keith Warren
                        Mike Michalec
                        Mike Iaconelli
                        Rick Clunn

Comment

Chuck Norris- Actually had to fight in a tournament while he watch. That was intimidating as a kid, but he was a very nice guy.
                          Met quite a few baseball and football players over the years. Met Dixon Edwards at my great grandmothers funeral. Very nice and gracious to everyone.
                          Met Reba McEntire, her sister Susie Luchsinger (McEntire). They are both really nice. Susie use to come into the store I work at and would talk to her every time.
                          Met Antonio Margarito at a Manny Pacquiao fight. He was suppose to be the one to fight him that night but was still on suspension. Actually got shoved into him by a bunch of photographers when they recognized him. He just laughed about it and shook my hand.
                          The only one I met I didn't care for was Mark Cuban.
                          I met Tim Sylvia with my buddy Kyle at an ATA show one year and just about every hunting celebrity out there at the time. Thought I would include this photo for everyone. Just wish it was a clearer photo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Had dinner with Mark Jackson, Dwight Gooden, Frank Viola and John Franco on separate occasions. Met Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Ricky Henderson, Mike Stanton, Chuck Knoblauch, Paul O'Niell, Don Mattingly, Willie Randolph and Derek Jeter(ultimate gentlman) in casual settings. Many numerous MLB players from my 11 years working at Yankee Stadium and all the world series of the 90's. Talked archery many times with Wade Boggs and Chad Curtis. Worked with retired MLB, Ozzie Smith very cool. Mark Grace,cool. Harold Reynolds cool. Chris Berman OK. Joe Morgan is a RICHARD, a REAL RICHARD. AL Kaline Very cool, Tommy John, very Cool. Jim Palmer, very cool. Partied New Years eve in the same restaurant as Burt Young and Dom Delouise way back. Met Billy Joel, Roger Waters, Penny Marshall, Jack Nicolson, Cardinal O'Connor and just missed the Pope at Yankee Stadium. Met ex NYC mayor Bloomberg( was forced to shake hands, gave him the dead fish), Clinton, W, and avoided BHO, and many politicians at opening ceremony at 9/11 Museum and memorial.

Forget all these folks above. From what I hear...Bownanza is where its at to meet people

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                              Chuck Norris- Actually had to fight in a tournament while he watch. That was intimidating as a kid, but he was a very nice guy.

Met quite a few baseball and football players over the years. Met Dixon Edwards at my great grandmothers funeral. Very nice and gracious to everyone.

Met Reba McEntire, her sister Susie Luchsinger (McEntire). They are both really nice. Susie use to come into the store I work at and would talk to her every time.

Met Antonio Margarito at a Manny Pacquiao fight. He was suppose to be the one to fight him that night but was still on suspension. Actually got shoved into him by a bunch of photographers when they recognized him. He just laughed about it and shook my hand.

The only one I met I didn't care for was Mark Cuban.

I met Tim Sylvia with my buddy Kyle at an ATA show one year and just about every hunting celebrity out there at the time. Thought I would include this photo for everyone. Just wish it was a clearer photo.

Haha. I played football with Tim. He was a 6'8 cream puff, but I really liked him and he blocked well for me. Steroids is a mother!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                                Haha. I played football with Tim. He was a 6'8 cream puff, but I really liked him and he blocked well for me. Steroids is a mother!!!!

lol yeah he seemed like a really nice guy but dang his hands were huge, about twice the size of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X