Question on trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on trucks

If you put over 50K miles a year on a vehicle is it better to lease or purchase?

Always better to purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Purchase. You will lose your butt when I turn it in on miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
        If you put over 50K miles a year on a vehicle is it better to lease or purchase?

Do you own a business? From what I understand a lease would be a better idea for tax purposes.

Comment

I've never leased a truck, but i was thinking about it. I always like getting a new truck every couple years, but when it comes trade in time I'm always upside down due to miles. Guess there's no way around just have to keep the same truck for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
            Do you own a business? From what I understand a lease would be a better idea for tax purposes.

I have an LLC, but currently not using it.

Comment

Buy a new used, less than 15 k miles will save you some $ if you swap that often.

Comment

leasing typically requires you to drive less than 20k miles a year. You are also typically required to provide proof of all maintenance done at the correct intervals

Comment

Question on trucks

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
                  I've never leased a truck, but i was thinking about it. I always like getting a new truck every couple years, but when it comes trade in time I'm always upside down due to miles. Guess there's no way around just have to keep the same truck for awhile.

With that many miles, you’re gonna lose your *** either way. With a lease you just buy the miles up front. Your payment is based on the residual value at the end of the lease so high mileage leases cost as much if not more than buying.

Honestly if you drive that many miles, you’d do better buying 2-3 year old used that has seen a good portion of the depreciation already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X